Chapter 23

~Jiwoo~

I came to a stop when I saw Jungkook sitting on the kitchen bench, glancing down at his phone. When he heard me, his head shot up and he glanced at me, taking in my appearance before tilting his head to the side in questioning.

"It's... kind of loud," I mumbled, glancing outside the window. I could hear the rain, the wind and the thunder. It was so loud. 

I glanced back at Jungkook who picked up a glass of water, smirking as he kept his eyes glued on his phone, "You mean to tell me you're scared?"

"Not scared just...bothered by the noise," I said, hesitantly.

Jungkook finished drinking and placed the glass on the counter before slipping off the counter. "Good luck."

I grabbed his arm as he passed by me. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Jungkook removed my hand from his arm, "It means that I'm going to sleep. I had my medicine and now I'm tired."

I bite my lip, not wanting to let him go so easily. I'm not a big fan of thunderstorms but what can I do?

"Can I come with you?" I asked, hesitantly.

Jungkook stroke his chin, thinking to himself for a few beats before saying, "You and me behind closed doors."

I stared.

Jungkook leaned towards me, dipping his head, "And a bed."

My eyes widened.

He smiled, "You know where I'm going with this, right?"

I swallowed. Oh, I so do.

Instead of answering him, I threw my pillow on the sofa before pressing my hands against his chest, walking him backwards towards the sofa. Jungkook, surprisingly, allows me to move him like this.

When Jungkook landed on the sofa, he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him.

"Well, I don't think I've done it on a sofa before," Jungkook drawled. 

I blushed at that. "Th-that's not what I'm trying to do here."

Jungkook released his hold on me and leaned back in the sofa, "What are you trying to do here?"

I was about to answer him but the lightning flash made me flinched and I covered my ears just as I heard the loud thundering that follows it.

Jungkook arched both eyebrows at me.

I clasped my hands together to beg him, "Please stay with me until the storm passes. Then you can go do whatever you want – I don't care."

Jungkook turned his head towards the windows and I saw him take in what's happening out there. He smirked and then got up. Dipping his head towards mine, he muttered, "I'm going to go do whatever I want right now."

I grabbed hold of his arm with both my hands, "Aw, please!"

Jungkook paused and glanced down at me. I wasn't sure but it looked like he was considering it so I continued begging him, "Please, please, please, please, please!"

Sighing to himself, Jungkook sat back down on the sofa before handing my pillow back to me. He patted the spot beside him and I didn't hesitate to sit down, hugging my pillow tightly against me.

So that's what happened. 

Jungkook was still doing something on his phone with me just fidgeting beside him, glancing outside the windows anxiously. Every once in a while, I'd just covered my ears and close my eyes to block it all out. 

When I felt myself being shifted, my eyes snapped opened and I saw Jungkook there. He shifted me so that I was able to lie down, placing my feet on his lap.

"Jungkook?"

"Sleep," he ordered. "You're tired."

I stared at him, confused, "But you're the tired one."

He said nothing and continued scrolling through his phone. Was he reading articles or something?

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but it was really hard. I flinched when the thundering came in once more and then whispered, "Aren't you supposed to turn off all electronics during thunderstorms?"

"I'm reading."

"Reading what?"

"What my fans are up to," Jungkook replied without looking at me. "They're all so cute."

The lightning flash caught my attention and I sat up, trying to grab his phone but Jungkook moved it out of my reach.

"Don't," I said, eyes narrowing. "Don't touch anything during thunderstorms. What if something happens?"

Shaking his head, Jungkook turned off his phone before placing it on the coffee table. He stretched, placing his feet on the coffee table and leaned back against the sofa; arms crossed and eyes closed.

I watched him for a few seconds before saying, "M-maybe you should sleep."

I feel bad seeing him so tired like this.

Jungkook opened one eye and glanced at me, "With you?"

"I meant," I said, irritably, "in your room."

Jungkook closed his eyes once more, "What about you?"

"You're worried about me?" I asked, blinking in surprise.

"I don't want you fainting."

"I won't faint," I snapped.

"Anything's possible," Jungkook said, turning his body towards me, opening his eyes. "Don't you agree?"

"I'm saying—"

Before I could finish my sentence, Jungkook grabbed my arm and then tugged me sharply towards him that I ended up falling on top of him. Jungkook shifted into a sleeping position and then dragged me against him.

I stiffened and glanced up to see that he was already closing his eyes. "What are you—"

"Sleeping," he muttered.

"I'm not exactly comfortable here," I told him, trying to get away from him.

His hold on me only tightened. "I'm tired."

"But—"

Jungkook opened his eyes and I gasped at the sight of them. His eyes roamed my face and I felt exposed. I felt as if he could see every part of me... and all my secrets and fears. His eyes had that kind of effect. 

"What?" he asked, quietly.

"N-nothing."

With his free hand, Jungkook stroke my cheek with his thumb, his eyes warmed, "This is my first time seeing you up so close. Beautiful."

I swallowed at that, trying to calm my damn heart. Can he hear it race at his touch?

Jungkook placed his hand on the back of my head, guiding it to his chest just as lightning hits and thunder followed. I closed my eyes tightly, my hands gripping at his shirt.

Resting his chin on top of my head, he muttered, "You'll be okay."

***

~Jungkook~

When he could hear Jiwoo's steady breathing, he knew she was asleep. Glancing at the time, he saw that it was almost two in the morning.

Glancing down at Jiwoo, he took in her sleeping face before smiling to himself. Then, he pulled her up against him and leaned down, dropping a kiss to her head. It was after that, that Jungkook closed his eyes and finally allow himself to sleep.