Chapter 28

~Jungkook~

Hoseok sling an arm around Jungkook's shoulders as they were walking back. "We're done!" he said, grinning.

Jungkook nodded, tiredly, "We're done."

"Now we rest until our next show," Hoseok yawned, "That's in... what, five days?"

"Yep," Jungkook sighed. "I'm tired."

"Get some sleep," Hoseok pulled back from Jungkook, patting him in the back. "You did well today."

He smiled, "You did too."

The pair walked to find the rest of the members, sitting in one of the rooms. Like Jungkook, they were extremely tired too. That was always the case with them.

"We're going exploring tomorrow," Seokjin said as Hoseok and Jungkook neared them. "Do you want to come along?"

"I'm going to rest," Jungkook yawned, sitting beside Seokjin, resting his head on Seokjin's shoulder, crossing his arms. "You guys go and have fun."

"Even I'm going," Yoongi said, arching his brow.

"Shocking," Jungkook murmured.

Namjoon glanced up from his phone and grinned at Jungkook, "I said the same thing."

"We rest tomorrow then," Seokjin suggested. "We have to all go out together or it won't be fun."

Jungkook chuckled, closing his eyes. "Sounds good."

***

Four days later...

~Jiwoo~

"How's Jungkook?" I asked.

It was midnight.

Jimin called me, asking me about my doctor's appointment. Not wanting to worry them, I told him that everything was getting better. It was a small white lie and although I feel bad for lying, I didn't want him or the others to worry about me. Not when they've got so much on their plate already.

"Jungkook? Yeah, he's good," Jimin said with a laugh, "You miss him?"

I rolled my eyes, not answering but Jimin's laugh told me that he knew. "And the other members?"

"We're good," Jimin said, "actually, we're about to go out for lunch."

I nodded. "Good. When's the next show? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Jimin confirmed. "Do you want to fly out to see one of the shows?"

I snorted. "Work."

"Take a day off."

"You and I both know I can't do that," I said, softly.

Understanding where this was going, Jimin sighed softly, "I know, Jiwoo. I just wish you'd let one of us help you out. You can always pay us back, you know."

"I can't do that," I told him. "And you know that too."

"Stubborn," he muttered.

I smiled at that.

"Ah, Jungkook's walking towards me right now. Do you want to talk to him?"

I wanted to. I really did.

"No, I should really sleep," I replied.

"You sure?"

I nodded. "Good luck on your show."

"Thank you," he said, "Goodnight, Jiwoo."

That 'goodnight Jiwoo' was going to be the last thing I heard before it all happens.