Chapter 10

~Jiwoo~

"Are you okay, Jiwoo?" Namjoon asked me, worriedly, "You look flushed."

I was sitting on the sofa as I watched the members get ready. It wasn't as hectic as I thought it'd be but I didn't want to get in the way so I stayed on the side and watched. The minute Jungkook and I got here, he left me to do other things. I've been sitting here ever since.

I pressed my hands against my burning cheeks and shook my head, "I'm—good."

After Jungkook left me in my room, I slowly came to realise what memory he was talking about. I couldn't even look at him properly when we came here too. What he'd said was the reason my mind was elsewhere.

"Do you have a fever?" Hoseok asked, looking over his shoulders at me. "I can get you medicine if you need."

"Uh, it's fine," I said, clearing my throat. "Anyways, are you guys ready to perform?"

"We're always ready," Taehyung said, walking over towards me with a glass of water. "Here."

I warmed at that gesture. "Thank you."

It was nice to be cared for by so many people.

***

"What?" the members said, shocked by what Jungkook had announced.

"You heard me," Jungkook muttered.

"It's great that you've agreed not to dance," Jimin said, nodding, "We're not complaining but really? After all that yelling, you're going to just back off?"

I lifted my head towards Jungkook who was casually sitting on a chair, opening a bottle of water.

"I was wrong to yell at you guys too," Jungkook muttered. "I don't regret fighting and arguing with you guys but it was wrong of me. I just really wanted to perform."

The members shared a look. It was obvious they were surprised by this. Even I was.

"I thought you were going to fight us today," Taehyung put in, looking at the other members before turning his eyes to Jungkook. "Or throw another tantrum."

"I was ready to fight you," Seokjin told Jungkook.

"I was too," Namjoon laughed softly. "We all were."

"I can't have you worrying about me," Jungkook replied. I happened to look up and caught his gaze when he said that one line.

My heart skipped a beat. Was this because of what I'd said to him?

"Seeing you'd be worried about me, that itself will probably distract me too."

Our eyes locked and Jungkook gave me a knowing smirk. I looked away, feeling heat rush to my cheeks once more.