Chapter 19

~Jungkook~

It happened during the middle of their practice. Jungkook staggered back as his head throbbed with pain. It was like someone was striking his skull with a knife. It was so painful that Jungkook fell out of sync and collapsed to the ground, both hands at his head as he cried out.

He heard his members shouting his name and felt Yoongi beside him, a hand on Jungkook's arm, saying something that he couldn't decipher. Jungkook tried to fight off the pain but it was too much for him. Tears welled in his eyes from the pain and he could hear the staff members rushing to check on him. He couldn't make out the words that people were saying.

"It hurts!" Jungkook screamed, hands shaking as he clutched onto his head.

The last thing he heard was his members calling out his name as darkness took hold of him.

~Jiwoo~

I woke up in the afternoon, surprised that my heart was still beating.

"Thank god," I whispered, hand to my chest. I thought I was a goner. I literally thought it was over. It felt just like that time...the night I lost Gunho.

Though I was relieved, a part of me was angry that I didn't die right there and then. Why was this universe playing with me like this?

I glanced at the time and then went to take a quick shower before changing into a pair of comfortable clothes. As I glanced at myself in the mirror as I dried my hair, my thoughts went to Jungkook and the anger and pain in his eyes as he asked who Gunho is. Even though I wanted to tell him about Gunho, I was afraid of how Jungkook will act when he learns of my past. I don't doubt that the reason he postpones the wedding was because of Gunho. He wanted to test me; I knew that much.

Because I want to be perfect in your eyes, I thought to myself, sadly. I had no choice but to push him away.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone rang out.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"J-Jiwoo?" I heard Taehyung's frantic voice.

"Taehyung?"

"Listen, Jungkook collapsed during practice today," he said and I immediately shot out of bed, swaying slightly from the suddenness. "We're at the hospital now."

"Is he—okay?" I whispered.

"I think so," Taehyung replied. "I'll text you the details."

"I'll be there."

"Wait!" Taehyung said quickly before I hung up. "Look, the others don't know that I rang you. Hoseok and Jimin forbid it since they're worried about your condition."

"I'm fine," I said, angrily. Well, not really.

"Good," he said, "I'll send the details."

***

Jungkook was sitting in the hospital bed, his eyes elsewhere but on me when I entered the room. I felt that familiar coldness, just like when I'd come here and found out he'd lost his memories of me. That brought me to a halt and I looked at the members, wanting them to tell me why Jungkook was in a mood. They just shrugged, equally worried and scared.