Chapter 38

~Jiwoo~

I laid flat on the hard ground, refusing to move an inch.

When I felt him move, I glared up and saw Jungkook grinning down at me. He was enjoying this and he wasn't even trying to hide it.

"No," I snapped.

Jungkook shook his head before crouching down so that he could see me suffer. "You wanted to look sexy in your wedding dress, baby."

"You encouraged me to come here to this hell though," I shot back.

Jungkook reached out, his fingers lightly touching my cheeks. "Exercise will help you, Jiwoo."

I glared. "I know that."

His lips twitched, "So are you mad that I told you we'll only take ten minutes? Or was it because I purposely locked us in here? Or maybe it was because I was watching you suffer without doing a single thing?"

I sat up and shoved him back with all my strength. Jungkook went backwards and landed on the ground beside me.

"All of it!"

He laughed. Really laughed.

I shot up and glared at him. "Stop it!"

"Ah," Jungkook swiped away his imaginary tears, "I missed this."

I stopped glaring.

Jungkook's face gentled as he reached out and pulled me onto his lap where I willingly went. He reached out, pushing the hair away from my face.

"I want you healthy, baby," he said, all serious. "You and I are going to live until we're really old, okay?"

"I'm not going anywhere," I said, quietly.

Jungkook nodded and I saw something flashed in his eyes but before I could decipher it, it vanished. Maybe it was fear? I'm not too sure. Jungkook is getting really good at hiding his emotions these days.

"I can't wait to marry you," he whispered against my lips.

I looped my arms around him, pressing against him, "Me too."

We were set to marry in less than a week. I could tell that I wasn't the only one nervous about this because Jungkook was too. Even the members – which I think is so cute.

"Jungkook?"

"Hmm?"

"You're going to have to love me."

He looked at me, puzzled. "What?"

I pointed at my body. "Even if I get fat and ugly, you're stuck with me, okay?"

Jungkook looked at me while wearing an exasperate smile, "You're crazy."

I narrowed my eyes.

Jungkook stood up, easily scooping me into his arms as he does so. He glanced down at me, "I'll love you regardless, Jiwoo. You're beautiful in my eyes and that will never change."

I lay the side of my face against his chest as Jungkook made his way towards the stairs. "Where are we going?"

"Out."

"I thought you locked us in."

"Do you really think I would do that without having a key on me?" he muttered.

My head shot up. "You—"

Jungkook bent his head down, biting my cheek, making me squeal at the pleasant pain that comes with it. Then he winked at me.

As Jungkook carried me out of there, I knew I was stuck with this beautiful man for the rest of my life... and I think I'm okay with that.