Part 20

It's so quiet here
And I feel so cold
This house no longer
Feels like home.

Shivika watched silently as Anya left the game, making an hasty excuse of an important call and Shivika knew she was wrong. She had wronged her sister in many ways and her best friend too but the worst was the way she broke both of their hearts. She had noticed the way Nikhil's gaze travelled to her sister every few minutes, how his eyes were searching someone else in her. Someone even she had searched for so many days but never found and every second Nikhil's gaze lingered on Anya and Anya's gaze lingered on her phone. She realized what a terrible mistake she had made.

Nikhil was the best senior and her and Omisha's bestest friend in the whole school. He was your typical good, popular guy kind to everyone and exceptionally good at everything studies, sports, arts you name it he nailed it and she has noticed the huge crush Omisha di got on Nikhil on tenth grade, the same time he started getting mysterious letters and poems from his secret admirer and she watched as how Omisha's heart broke silently everyday and she cried everyday watching him fall for the write of those letters day after day and it was her heart hurting watching her condition like that and she wanted to help her di anyway she could so when she learned that Shivanya was the writer of those letters she couldn't help but be shocked first and then angry. She remembered dadi telling her how Shivanya di killed Shivaansh bhai and snatched her parents happiness and now she was making her Omisha di cry and snatching her love too. She couldn't allow Shivanya to succeed, no Omisha di would be heartbroken if Nikhil learned the truth and she knew their were chances Nikhil will choose Shivanya after all in the whole school only Nikhil tolerated her presence, talked politely with her and thought about her feelings too. So, she told Nikhil that all those letters were written by Omisha di as she was too shy to confess her love to him fearing for their friendship and Nikhil believed her after all he was her best friend and obviously he will trust her over everyone.

She had seen the excitement in Shivanya di's eyes when Nikhil invited her to the beach trip, the shy glances she passed her and the moment she proposed Nikhil and claimed herself to be the writer of those letters. She saw Nikhil loosing his calm thinking her pleadings to be lie and her truth to be a way of gaining sympathy and she doesn't regret anything more than watching the pain in Shivanya's eyes when Nikhil slapped her in front of Omisha and her. She watched gleefully as Nikhil proposed Omisha there and she accepted happiness blooming back at her face as the three of them left the beach, leaving Shivanya there alone with a broken heart and she hates herself for lying that day cause Omisha and Nikhil weren't compatible with each other. They broke up soon and when the truth come out he refused to talk with anyone of them. He is back in her home after so long just because of one reason and that's Shivanya di's reentry in her house but now it seems too late as Anya is too lost in Viaan to notice anyone else and Nikhil's gaze won't leave Anya for a moment.

She watched as Mudit looked between Anya and Nikhil in pure confusion. Even she thought she knew Anya when everyone said she had a crush on Mudit, the bad boy of the school and Nikhil's other best friend but looks like she didn't as in Anya's diary which she had left at home in her hurry and a diary that she made sure her parent's doesn't get hold of even by mistake as they would be just too heartbroken learning of Shivanya di's fate in school clearly stated that she was just too intimidated to speak in front of the school's bad boy and she never knew their ignorance had such an impact on Shivanya di's life. All of them ignored her in school and acted as if she wasn't even there. So, they didn't know how badly she was being bullied, they didn't knew she contemplated Suicide many times but back out because of some promise she kept on writing about but never said what was the promise.