part-29

"And one day,your name didn't make me smile anymore."

Anika and Gauri both were utterly left clueless and confused after their confrontation and also seething with hate, pain and anger. Anika wanted to destroy everything within her reach burn down the whole OM in her grief and heartbreak while Gauri wanted to burn herself down, break her prejudice, her thoughts, the things taught to her piece by piece. How foolishly she had acted back then how could she even think Anika bhabi wanted her one child to feel isolated and the other to feel like a princess. How could she trust Pinky Oberoi's words when Anika di never said anything to anyone regarding Anya expect staying as far as possible from Anya?? How could she trust Pinky ma's words claiming Anya had injured Omisha gravely by pushing him down the stairs?? Everytime any of the children got injured Anya will be there beside that nothing proved her involvement in the injuries than why did she channel all her warth on that kid?? Why didn't she want anything to do with her and let Pinky ma who always blamed Anya for everything be the only person involved in Anya's life apart from Shivaaye bhaiya who tried to make the girl come out of her room and involve with the family whenever he was home. why didn't she question the children's sudden interest in playing with Anya whenever Shivaaye bhaiya was around?? Why didn't she question Pinky aunty who will cry around Shivaaye bhaiya about everything Anya had done wrong and never mention her good qualities? why didn't she say anything when Pinky aunty tried to divert Shivaaye bhai's attention towards bhabi  whenever he asked some questions about Anya whose answer none of them knew. Why was she so obedient to whatever elders said why she looked past all their mistakes and injustice they had inflicted on them?? Why didn't she take a stand??? 

There were so many what if's and so many thoughts about what could have been different if she acted on her instincts and maternal love rather than ignoring the child craving for mother's love. How different would it have been if Anya really could share her feelings with them if Anya could tell them what actually happened with her, what actually she felt and what really made her hate everyone?? What filled her heart with poison against everyone but Anya won't utter a single word of her past and sufferings to them. Anya won't ever open up to them and they can just curse themselves now, curse themselves for forgetting the real colours of Tej Singh Oberoi and Pinky Singh Oberoi, for forgetting that Anya was just a baby and it was Tej who insisted on Svetlana's stay in OM, for forgetting how much Pinky hated Anika and no doubt she would have hated her daughter too cause she could only see Anika in her daughter and not Shivaaye instead of blaming the child they should have blamed the people who were equally responsible for that incident and Gauri just couldn't meet the distraught eyes of Anika, Anika's eyes were swirling with so much pain and anger that Gauri really didn't know what to do??

"I could never understand why Ishana was so cold towards me and her words so rude and cutting, I thought she was still angry for the past but no, she knew the truth I didn't. Ishana knows my children more than anyone else, more than the sister I trusted to care for my child that time I thought she didn't know about what I've gone through, didn't knew why I couldn't be there for Anya and was just taunting me for that night but no Ishana knew more than me and all what I've gone through doesn't even matter now, I thought my child will be safe and happy away from me but I just made her more miserable and lonely, nothing matters now. Nothing, I could go through that pain happily, I could hurt myself without any remorse, be scared of myself without any fear, go through the mental torment again and again knowing my child was away from harm, to save her from hurt I would have beared everything but even she wasn't happy and I was hurting her more, why, why did this had to happen with my children? Why did they have the same fate as me??I hate god, god really isn't there or my children wouldn't have suffered like this if god really was here in the world. All my prayers were for nothing" Anika was broken so was her faith in god, she didn't believe in anyone anymore how could a mother believe in god when her children suffered without any fault