part-42

"In the end, we stand united against ourselves."

There was a click of a door opening and it was enough to distract a drunken Nikhil momentarily. She watched with bated breath as he turned to stare towards the door, leaving her personal space and it gave her the chance to breathe and flee. She pushed him with all her might and he stumbled away from her.

Anya tried to rush towards the door but he caught hold of her wrist, gripping it tightly over the metal of her bracelet making it dug in her skin as she tried to jerk away his grip without slicing her own wrist. She succeeded in landing a well-aimed back kick at him and at the same moment she heard the distinct sound of something smashing.

Anya watched with wide eyes as Nikhil fell down on the ground in slow motion, leaving her wrist and holding his head. He fell and her eyes were still wide, adrenaline rushing in her ear. She still wanted to flee but stilled watching the trembling girl with puffy eyes. She stilled watching the girl with bleeding lips and shaking figure and just like that she forgot her plight as a phantom of promise kept on ringing in her ears. She walked towards the girl and gently took her face in her grasp. A gentle hiss of pain escaped her lips as she noticed the bluish skin on her head and the purplish bruise on her jaw.

"Omisha, who did this??" She asked her gently as a fire of vengeance burned brightly in her eyes.

"Leave it, Anya... You're bleeding" Omisha told her trying to grasp her bleeding wrist to get a better look at it.

"Omisha, answer me. Was it Savvy??" She asked her sister even though, she couldn't at all make herself believe that Savvy could do something like this but Nikhil's words still ringed in her ears.

"No, no...... he didn't Anya" Omisha reassured her, vehemently taking Savvy's side.

"What happened then?" Anya questioned her gently running her fingers through her bruises.

"Jhanvi Singh Oberoi" she spat out not giving her any more justification and neither did she ask for anything more as she gritted her teeth angrily

"Anya, you need to get out of there soon though," Omisha told her urgently and she was confused why did she want her to leave.

"But why??" She asked her, confused and sceptical.

"Jhanvi and Shakti are planning something, I don't know what it is but it won't end well for anyone. I sent jiju, Ira, Ansh, Ro and Savvy out. You need to leave too." Omisha all but begged Anya to leave but Anya was Anya, she has stopped running away a long ago and today even she has planned a little destruction of her own.

"Thank you, but we will face this together." She told her firmly, determination shining in her eyes.

"But Anya, she hates you." Omisha tried to make Anya see reason.

"She hates you too and let's face our demons together as sisters, now. After all, one for all and all for one isn't it." Anya told Omisha repeating, their father's line. They could feel the tension in the air and the stillness of a coming storm.

"As sisters" Omisha repeated with her eyes bright and shining with a crystalline liquid.

The Sisters tended their wounds, Omisha applying ointment on Anya's bleeding wounds and Anya gently applying ointment on Omisha's bleeding lips, along with concealer on her bruises. They sneaked away from the room, trapping an unconscious Nikhil inside and walked towards Omisha's room which was the closest, hiding from the view of the guests and changes their dresses. Omisha's lehenga had blood stains on it and Anya's dress was torn, all thanks to an idiot.

They changed and slipped into simple dresses and went to the main hall, in search of whatever disaster that was planned to happen at this party. Omisha and Anya walked side by side and were more than a little shocked watching a girl wearing knee-length lehenga and backless blouse dancing on the song Batiya bujhado. The atmosphere of the engagement ceremony was like a dance bar and they could clearly notice the horrified look on Omav's face as he whispered something frantically to Panchi.