Part 30

"you've been wronged by too many people but nobody knows"

"Yes he does but can you really accept or love me after this??" There was a light teasing tone in her voice and cold glint in her eyes as she unveiled a little of her burnt shoulder and displayed it to him. The marks were ugly and she knew it.

A myriad of emotions passed thorough his face and her face seemed to be set on stone. She looked like a beautifully carved marble sculpture under the moon with shadows dancing around it's corners.

"It's all because of him isn't it, that's why you're not leaving him but trust me Anya I love you and nothing can change my love for you, nothing" determination danced in his eyes as he stared at the glowing princess under the light.

"Really, but I don't love you Nikhil.......I don't love you and as you once said I love what comes with you but not you and I've got someone with more benefits than you so I flew away, doesn't it make perfect sense to you" her eyes seemed cruel to him at that moment, she seemed really made out of stone at that moment, not showing any emotion to his words.

"Anya please don't......... I know you're not like that, you're not like those girls.....you care for everyone" his tone was pleading reminding her of the girl who put everyone before her, shouldering other's blame and destroying her own self, the girl who was always called the villain of the perfect's story, the girl who bled in the halls of the school.

"your wordings seems so contradictory Nikhil, you name Anya and talk about Shivanya" her eyes danced with dark humor as her eyes didn't escape his for even a single moment as she continued " but you don't at all know Anya, Nikhil...You don't know what she is made up of neither do you have any idea about her demons and Shivanya bled to her death in the halls of a school or maybe she never returned from that to the beach or she died in the dark streets of this city of dreams" 

she suddenly seemed so far away, like her body was there in front of him but her soul, her soul was somewhere else, reliving some painful moments and the more she talked about death, the more his heartbeats accelerated out of anxiety till by her last words he was standing in front of her with his hand covering her lips and his eyes begging her to not talk about her death like that "please don't talk like this, Anya....you're alive"

His words pulled her out of her darkest memories as she let out a bitter chuckle, taking a step back her eyes, oh her innocent full of light seemed a vortex of chaos and darkness now. She was goddess nyx smirking slyly at him.

"As I said before you mistake Anya and Shivanya as same, Anya is alive for Viaan......Shivanya died for Nikhil."her words were ruthless tearing apart his fragile heart, not knowing how could see say something like this. How could she say he killed her??? he want to question her?? He want to ask her so many things yet at the end of the day he was afraid of the words that will escape her lips like  sweet poison.

"how?" his brain let a single word escape his lips before shutting down completely and letting her be judge of what this how signified, he watched as she turned away from him, watched helplessly as she walked back to the edge of the terrace leaning against the railings. 

"The halls cried for her as she bled there, the walls witnessed the betrayals. The gardens seemed to weep with her as she nursed her bruises and wounds. The floor flooded with her blood and tears. No, one saw her pain not even the one's claiming to be her friend. Everyone laughed when she was pushed down again and again not a single hand there to pull her up. The one's claiming to be her friend's turned a blind eye on her after all everything she was saying was lie and calling someone fatso or slut is the norm of the day. Nobody will get affected with the verbal abuse or shaming daily after all it's the norm and emotions just what the hell, do they even matter. No one saw the signs, no one saw the crimes. No one believed when she claimed her beloved pet to be murdered after all she was just an attention seeker maybe she killed her own pet and who cares. No one ever saw the darkness and death in the air, the school ended and so did she slowly slowly painfully as the darkness consumed her whole Shivanya is no more. Surprisingly, a stranger fought for her again, a stranger who called himself her enemy pulled her up each time she stumbled, a stranger stood in front of her like a shield of vibranium reflecting away every dark word coming her way, he showed her a new norm stand up in the face of wrong doings uncaring of friends and foes, a new norm and a new life style, a reason to live. Anya's breaths are connected to Viaan, there won't be any Anya without Viaan.........and if you really loved Shivanya, let her go." her last words were nothing but just whisper which the breeze carried over to him, her eyes glittered with a crystally liquid which fell from the terrace like silver drops. She doesn't like living in the past yet the past lived in her. She was expecting a break down, a storm of words sweeping her in a vortex of pain and loathing making her gasp for presence and stability. She wasn't expecting a quiet retreat, she didn't turn back until she was sure the footsteps had taken him far away from her and gaining back the terrace all for herself. She let the drops fall for a little longer, crying on the terrace under the moonlit sky like those solitary damsels of old stories and poems.