01. the attic

Also forgot to mention before that both y/n and sadie are 14
Also y/n/n = you're nickname
____________

June 1, 2019

y/n p.o.v
________
It was a Friday night and my best friend sadie was staying over due to our parents being out of town.

And both our dogs max and winnie were sleeping on the floor next to my bed .

"Ugh its summer and u do realize we have nothing to do ." I say as I turned the TV off after we just finished watching a movie .

As sadie throws another handful of popcorn into her mouth before responding.

" hey y/n/n , do you remember how our grandfather used to always talk about , a time machine or something"

"Yeah" I say remembering exactly what she's talking about

"But remember sades people also thought he was crazy-"

" -Did he ever mention anything besides the machine ?"

"Uh.... well besides his journal than- "

"Y/n he had a journal omg why didn't - . Nevermind we are going to the attic come on " she says while pulling my arm and dragging me with her.

The attic was were we kept all of our grandparents stuff after they died . Like cool vinyls or VHS tapes or any belongings they owned. Both our dad's knew we were into collecting vinyls and all that so he made their stuff off limits.

"SADIE , what if my our parent's find out we would be dead."

"No we won't besides both our parents are out of town they won't return in four months we got time."

"Also didn't you say you wanted to look at all the cool things they may have in there like, i don't know vinyls .also why would they leave us two teenagers with a box that contains cool things from the 80-90s.when they know we are practically stuck in that era. "

" true u got a point . "
" well let's go to the ATTIC ."

"TO THE ATTIC "
I yell forgetting about the sleeping dogs . Sadly my yelling causes them both to chase after us .

《Time skip once you both found a box》

"foooound it " sadie says in a sing song voice

"what do you mean i thought i found it , isn't this the box? " I asked confused

"wait you don't think there is more than one box do you ?"

"most likely , YES ."

" really you are just telling me this now ."

" calm down, I am pretty sure there are only four boxes."

"in total..?"

"yes "

[ fifty- minutes later ]

ughh i give up " sadie says laying down on the clean rug beneath her .
Yes , sadie made sure it was clean due to her being kind of a germaphobe.

Causing winnie and max to lay on her

But anyways
I don't blame her for giving up there was a lot of boxes without any names. and we already spent more than an hour up here .

wait dad likes to hide things in plain sight, I mean our grandpa did too , they said that's were dad got it from . Dad used to always talk about him hiding their stuff in plain sight. When they were grounded,but also not too easy for them to find it .

He also never let , sadie , me or my siblings come up here so there must be something good . wait the rug i mean why would else would he put it there.

" Sadie would you get up "