009. she's the 60's version of Madison beer

Words : 1129

°○Skip to the next day cuz I'm lazy soo yeah. •●

Sadie's POV ( I got bored of writing in y/n's pov)
___________

We had woken up earlier than the rest of the guys, but luckily benny heard us leaving and we asked him where the nearest comic shop was. And we agreed to meet up at the sandlot later. I'm guessing he went back to sleep after.

After we left we decided to get something to eat since we were kinda hungry. But we had to pass by the hotel to get our money . Luckily on our way to the comic shop we spotted a decent looking restaurant and we decided to eat there.

And now y/n and I are currently walking from the restaurant to the comic shop to get my comic book she owed me.
.

" so Sades what comics are you planning to get?"

" I don't know I guess well... I could get a fantastic four or even wonder woman ." I say while talking with my hands as we crossed the street to the comic shop. Y/n always said I had the habit of talking with my hands .

We made our way to the comic shop , and it looked like a normal shop with a sign on top saying McQuoid's comic shop ( idk I made it up ) . The outside was painted a light creamy color . As soon as we opened the door I was engulfed by the boxes and racks all of different kinds of comics. The shop was small compared to the one we had back home. And it had posters of superheroes on the walls. The walls inside were also painted a light blue like the sky.

I looked beside me to see that y/n had already wandered to the other side of the store to where a
( spiderman/ flash / wonder woman / richie rich / any comics ) where at . I walked down the aisles taking a look at all the different kinds of colorful or black and white comics that were all in alphabetical order.
" Are you looking for something specific ? "
I looked up to see a girl around a few years older than me probably 18 or 19 . She had dark brown straight hair was the same height as me , well almost more like a few inches taller , and had hazel brownish eyes .

And she wasn't light skinned or dark skinned more like in the middle.

" no, just looking around but thanks anyways." I say
The girl just smiled warmly back at me before walking away. I'm guessing she probably went back to sitting behind the counter where she was originally. I turned around to see her talking with y/n.

I turn back to look at all the interesting comics .

*time skip to once they were done and were on their way out of the store

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°

Y/n's Pov
_

We were currently making our way to a clothing store . Since we both remembered that we don't have a bathing suite for the pool . And we knew that at some point we would end up going to the pool.
-----
" hey did you get to talk to Jamie " i asked smiling back at sadie. Happy about the fact that I had made a new friend.

" Who ?"

" you know the girl from the comic shop"

" oh her , yeah no " she says shaking her head.

" oh well she's super nice , and besides, I found out that she loves ( comic series ) comics too , she was working there cuz her dad owns the shop." I say looking over at sadie who just looked back at me with a mixture of surprised , and shocked look on her face.

" what " I say while laughing at her .

" wow you actually talked to someone, i thought you hated people " she replied sarcastically.

I just roll my eyes at her. I mean it's true even my own ( mom / dad / guardian ) says i'm too shy .

" Hey , I can make friends "

" I'm not saying you can't " she says raising her hands in surrender

"You know who she reminds me of " i say

" Who ?"

"Madison beer " i say automatically making me think of one of her songs .

"True,dang i didn't notice that before. Well then that means she's the 60s version of Maddison beer "

-------

"Have you thought about what day It is ? " sadie asked as we walked into the store .

" Now that I think of it , no " I replied. I mean all we really know is that it's summer. Sadies question got me really thinking about what day it is.

"Hey why don't we ask the lady behind the counter."
Sadie says gesturing towards the old woman that was behind the counter, who was currently looking through a magazine. I think she was the same old lady from the other say but yet again I couldn't quite see how she looked since she was covering her face with the magazine.

"Sure , I don't see why not " i say while shrugging my shoulders.

-----
*Skip to after they are both done looking for bathing suits and are ready to pay *

-----
"And that'll be $15.50 "
I hand her a $20 bill as sadie grabs the bag with our clothes , off the counter.
" Excuse me , what day is it?"
I asked as she handed me back my change. The lady looked back at me before answering
" july 1st"

"Oh, ok thanks " sadie says as we both walk out of the store heading to the hotel.

_________________________________________

°•°•°•°•°•°• skip to once they already left the

hotel and are heading to the sandlot. °• °•°•°•°

______

Both sadie and I were currently walking towards the sandlot .
'Dang it's really hot, i mean they do complain about the heat in the movie but I never thought it would be this hot ' I thought

" hey you wanna get a drink ?" I asked gesturing to Vincent drug store, which was right across the street.

"Sure "

We then made our way to the store to get our drinks. As soon as we entered we were engulfed with all the different types of snacks from candy to chips. We made our way to the back were the
( type of drink) were at. We paid for our drinks and made our way out of the store.

" race you to that sign " sadie said while smiling back at me as she gestured toward the stop sign that was not that far ahead.
" in this heat , nope " i say popping the p as i shake my head .

"Oh c'mon , it's not that far "

" Ughh fine "
And as soon as those words left my mouth she sped away .
" damit , " I muttered under my breath
I then decided to run after her , I somehow was so close to beating her when * bam*.
I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see I had bumped into...