Chapter 46

Ian was having a great time. He was still working Dean's shifts at the gas station, but now that Dave was in on the fact that Ian was seeing Kate, he felt a bit of a joy while working. Kate was not once bothered by the fact that Ian had a menial, minimum wage job. In fact, she reinforced his confidence by claiming that this job showed good character. And, she frequently brought up that her job at the university and his at the gas station would be temporary, as they had a destiny in Fiji. Ian was having a great time.

On the seventh day there was no rest. Ian was pulling an eight-hour day shift at the gas station. That meant that before the supper hour, he would be free to go. He had thoughts of taking Kate to a movie. A new romantic comedy that was topping the lists of movie sales was playing at the Central Mall. If anything, after knowing him for ten days now, it would be a good excuse to snuggle. They had kissed and hugged, but there was little hot passion in their time together. Both were guarded about their privacy. She did not want to yet have Ian over to her place because she said that there were too many prying eyes that would make it uncomfortable for her. She feared one of the people in her condominium was the Benefactor. Fair enough.

As for Ian's place, he was quite embarrassed. He could not believe his fortune to have an intelligent, gorgeous, charismatic woman want to be with him. But, like his relationship with Dave and Dean's pressures on it, he did not want his living conditions, or anything else for that matter, put any pressure on his relationship with Kate. So, his apartment was out of the question.

That left public restaurants, parks, malls and cinemas to have their romantic rendezvous. But that left them very little privacy to explore their passion. So, Ian was hoping that a night at the movies with the latest, hottest rom-com would allow a little passion surface.

With an hour left to go on his shift, his Bluetooth crackled. "Hey everyone. It's Bill. I've had a breakthrough. I have the name, address and details of the person who used that safety deposit box. We should meet to discuss."

"Woo hoo." Lauren was obviously happy.

"Great news, Bill. Rab here. How solid is this info?"

"It is solid. You can't get better."

"What is it?" That sounded like Moussa.

Bill took a firm tone, "I won't say. This is not the most secure means to communicate. Let's just say that we need to meet. Same place, at 3 pm two days from now. I have some stuff to consolidate, and I will be ready then."

"Perfect, I'll be there." Ian was happy. It was perfect.

Ian could not contain himself. He looked around for Dave to see about taking off his last hour, but Dave was not around. Maybe he booked off early. It was quiet at the station, he was going to risk a call to Kate. He needed to see if this Bluetooth contraption could make a phone call.

"Hello, Ian." Her voice was still angelic.

"Hi Kate. Got great news. Bill found out who had the box that we hit. He has all sorts of details."

"Really? Who is it?"

"Bill won't say. But he has called a meeting for two days from now to discuss. He says he needs more time to get more info."

"That is fantastic. Squeeeee!" He could hear her do a dance in the background.

"Do you want to celebrate tonight? We can catch a film."

"Sounds great. I'll meet you at your place."

"Um, I am kind of embarrassed by where I live. I don't have a nice place."

"Ian, I know where you live. I know your building. I used to deliver you your envelopes. I can't be shocked by your place unless you have an arsenal full of weapons in your apartment. It will be fine. I'll meet you there and we'll go to the movie from your place."