The Betrayal

"Human Speech."

"Thinking."

"Pokémon Talking."

"Telepathy."

3rd P.O.V

"Oh, man! Here we are, back in Kanto!"

A boy, looked no older than 13, with ravenous narrow, triangular, edgy, tuft of hair in the middle of his forehead, that come to point on the right side. Without the cap, he has a cowlick, brown eyes, two lighting bolts-like markings underneath each eye. He is wearing a blue collared shirt with short sleeves and white trim, black undershirt, darker blue jeans, a red and white hat, and red high top sneakers.

"Pikachu!" A small, chubby, and incredibly cute mouse-like Pokémon was hanging on the boy's shoulder. It is almost completely covered by yellow fur. They have long yellow ears that are tipped with black. Its back has two brown stripes, and its large tail is notable for being shaped like a lightning bolt. On its cheeks are two circle-shaped red pouches used for storing electricity. This was Pikachu, an Electric-Type Pokémon and the boy's trusty partner.

Ash Ketchum, Pride of Pallet Town. At the age of 11, which is the official age where Trainers are allowed to travel, Ash was late for his Starter Pokémon, and ended up with a Pikachu that isn't thought what he thought it would be. Pikachu was fierce and doesn't obeyed his commands, but after protecting Pikachu from a flock of Spearow, Pikachu became one of Ash's most loyal Pokémon.

They travel through many regions, from Kanto all the way to Kalos, experiencing and meeting friends, new Pokémon, enemies, rivals, and much more. Along the two years of traveling, Ash caught many Pokémon and obtain all the regional Badges, but was unable to win a League, except the Orange Island, but whatever.

It has been quite a while since Ash came back to Kanto after saying goodbye to one of his Pokémon that he released into the wild to protect two Pokémon, Greninja, one that tearfully shatters his heart because of knowing the outcome, in order to keep those two Pokémon safe and prevent from being corrupted, Ash and Greninja know what they have to do, and said a tearful farewell.

While Ash wanted Greninja to come back, he knew it was the best.

The affectionate rub from Pikachu on his cheek causes Ash to snap out of his negative thought, as the raven hair boy smiles and rubs Pikachu's chin back, earning a cute "Cha" from his buddy.

"Thanks a lot, Pikachu."

"Pika!"

Ash then nodded, before they grinned and run all their way back to Pallet Town, alone!

"Man, I can't wait to see Mom!"

"Pika, Pikachu!"

However, what they didn't know is that... everyone he knew was at his house already.

All of Ash's friends, from Brock, Misty, Tracey, Gary, May, Max, Dawn, Cilan, Iris, Serena, Bonnie, Clemont, and Delia, was sitting in the living room, a very troubled and nervous expression on their faces.

"Can we not?!" Dawn was the first one to break the uncomfortable silence, standing up from the couch with a very broken look in her eyes.

"I-I know it's unbearable, Dawn. But try to rela—"

"How can we relax, at all?!" Max bursted out, crying. "I-I mean, if we don't do this, then..." May pulls her little brother into a warm hug, crying into her shoulder.

"I don't want to do this. Everyone doesn't want to, Max." Brock said, trying to be calm but they can hear sadness in his tone. "If we don't do it, think about our love ones. My family... they mean a lot to me, and Ash, too." Brock said, sighing and slams his palm into his free out of frustration and worry.