Another Day Another Misson

.............................................................
NATALIE POV

I make my way back to headquarters, to inform boss I did the job.
No, I didn't just shoot a man for no reason, that man was smuggling drugs and handing them to young teens that overdose. My job as an agent is to complete my assigned case with excellence.

Oh, did I mention I'm an agent? I work for Black Light. You name it, it's top-secret but doesn't compare us to the FBI. If people knew what I do, the first thing coming out of their mouth would be "So, the FBI?"

No.
Not  like the FBI.

I enter our headquarters through a broken down tunnel entry instead of fussing with the main corridors. Heading  inside I  head to my bag, where I whip out my water bottle.

"Natalie, Boss wants you", another agent says turning just as quickly as she came.

I walk through the protected passageways and scan my ID card to enter even 10 feet from the Boss. Protection is high when protecting your leader.
Boss opens the door before I enter, indicating at his heightened hearing senses from working as a spy for many years.

"Natalie, come in", his low booming voice says.

I enter his spacious office that's lit by a cozy fire and sit down in front of his desk.
He takes a seat in his chair and folds his hands together. His hands have two bands that signify his place and commitment to Black Light.

He is in his 50's but looks no less than 36 with his fit figure and physique. His black skin on top of all black uniform gives him the intimidating vibe, his bald head lightly glimmering in the dim light. I know him well enough not to fear him but respect him.

"I heard you got the man in a matter of 36 hours, I have to admit, well done", he compliments my newly finished mission.

"It really wasn't any trouble, Sir."

"I like having a clean smooth mission. I'm happy to have you here."

"I'm happy to be here and serve as always sir", I say trying to hide the proud smug fighting to place on my face.

"I just wanted to give you a sentence of gratitude for attending the problem nicely. Many of these kinds of people are very slippery and fall from your hands, you did well."

"Thank you, Boss ", I say getting up and exchanging goodbyes.

I leave the room and head home. I've known Boss for 9 years but started working with him just 2 and a half years ago. I worked hard training and working my way up and I'm finally here.
I stare at the quickly darkening sky now that the cold chill of fall is slowly spreading in its late September weather.

.............................................................
Home

I step inside my home to be greeted by Grace, my guardian since I was 8. She's dressed in an apron over jeans a shirt.
Her naturally ginger hair is put up into a messy bun, her signature "I'm cooking and I can't be bothered" hairstyle.

"Welcome back my badass teenager", she teases,  arms wide open for a hug.

I start laughing. She always calms my nerves and  adrenaline.

"Hey, Grace, whatcha cooking?" I hug her back.

"I made spaghetti, figured you should carb up after your mission.  How was it by the way?"

"I got him and mission is closed", I say smiling.

"Well, then you can extra carb-up!"

Laughing, Grace walks back into the spacious kitchen and I head into my room to enjoy a hot shower.

AUTHOR MESSAGE: Hi :)

Thank you so so much for reading this series has been in my head for like two years and I think it's going well. also, you better put on dark mode for this story trust me :)

Thanks again so much and stay tuned *