Residence

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV

School was boring. It dragged on more than usual because of last night. I was tired and you can tell from my eyes. When I heard the bell to go home I sighed in relief.

Finally can head into the pjs and take a nap.
I walk towards the parking lot, students having conversations about their day and heading home.

"Natalie."

I turn my head. "Oh, Lucas, what's up?"

"We need to get started on..well..you know."

He face was neutral, casual arms folded but his shoulders were tense as he folded his arms.

"Yeah. When do you want to start?"

"Now", he says like it's the most obvious thing.

Impatient much.

"Oh, okay. Where do you wanna go?"

"Not to headquarters. It's  training day so we won't get a separate room."

"That's true", I say jotting places in my head we could possibly go. Lucas was doing the same.

We can't go to a public place.
We can't go to headquarters.
The only place we have is my house.
But is it  alright to ask him to come over?
Yes it's for work, but should I ?

We stand in silence for a minute or so deciding.

Ugh.
Whatever
Frick it.

"We can go to my house, we have a study room  there." He smirks at my offer just like I thought he would.

"Ms. Rodriguez  are you inviting me to your house so early?", he replies with a hint of amusement.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, you know it's not like that."

He laughs lightly which is honestly the most brightest I've seen him yet.

Even his laugh is adorable.

"Fine. Text me the address", he says.

"Alright."

I head to the edge of the sidewalk to call the chaffeur. His name is Mark  and was a former spy, after an incident. I'm about to hit dial when Lucas interrupts me.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?", I turn. "I'm calling the chaffeur.

"Why would you do that? I have a car."

"Yeah, but-"

He walks to his car and unlocks it.

"Come on", he says signaling his head to his car.

"What about-"

"Natalie get in, you can tell me directions in the car", he replies, exasperated with our little squabble.