Hold It Together

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I'm sorry for the delay in posting :) I'll try to post another one like real soon.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV
9 am

I wake up from my restless and uneasy sleep. It was 9 on a Sunday morning, and despite the events from yesterday Grace let me sleep in.

I couldn't sleep. How can you when your father figure got shot and you have no idea how his state is.

I rise up from my plush sage green sheets and rub my eyes and head, already forming a headache.

I do my bathroom duties and change into  Blacklight attire with an overcoat before stepping downstairs.

"Morning beautiful. How are you?", Grace's sympathetic eyes reach mine when I come down.

I sigh deeply. "I'm fine, I didn't sleep well. Not surprised", I  murmur.

"I figured, I'm giving you breakfast to go."

I raise my brows. "Why?"

"Because you have duties to get to. First the agency then Darius."

I stand confused.

Did she make my agenda?

She laughs at my face. "Lucas is coming in like two minutes to pick you up."

His name makes my empty stomach flutter and full.

He's talking the bare minimum with me, and if I'm honest, it really sucks.

"Oh okay", I say softly as she gives me a breakfast sandwich and tea to go.

He honks in time and I step out the door as he steps out of the car.

He stumbles back at my sight. "I was going to get you", he murmurs softly.

I give him a smile and enter his car.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Oh shit", I smack my hand on my forehead. Lucas gives me a look.

"I uhm,"

How do I explain this?

"I left Joshua's car back at the agency", I say knowing how weird that sounds.

He starts the car and swerves to the road. "I know."

I look at him.

"I drove it back."

"Oh. You know why I had it?"

"No", he replies curtly. "Didn't ask."

I stay silent not knowing if he wants to know.

"Tell me", he says softly.

"Joshua texted me to meet up with him. He needed to show me something so I did-"

"How did he get your number?"

"He's a spy. And your cousin.  I'm sure he got it from you. Anyways I went with him and he gave me a disguise to go in. He was showing me the new earpieces they copied from Blacklight. He also showed me their fighting arena and training protocol."

"What's that have to do with you? And what disguise?"

"He was going to give me one of their earpieces so I can get inside information, so he gave me a fake mask, and apparently everyone thought I was his girlfriend."