O-ver the Past

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV
Blacklight

I fiddle with my keyboard, typing furiously with the 100 thoughts in my head.

"Woah hon, slow down", Joshua says, inching near me to sit on my desk near the laptop.

"What's wrong Natalie?"

"I just can't get this software, I'm trying to transfer it to my phone so none of my calls get tapped or anything", I say running my hands through my hair.

"That's what the tech crew is for, hon. Let me see."

Joshua takes the laptop, his eyes focused on the screen, brows furrowing.  A few taps later he hands me my laptop, which has started to transfer the software on my phone.

I look at him. "How the frick-"

"I dabbled in technology before becoming a trainer", he smiles proudly, flashing straight white teeth.

I almost see them sparkle. "Did you ever have braces?"

"What? No, why?", he replies, using my phone camera to check his teeth.

I laugh. "They are perfect."

He winks. "I am perfect, baby."

Lucas enters the office, tablet and Bluetooth earpiece in hand.  "Okay", he says.

His eyes meet mine and he hands me the sleek tablet, and the earpiece. "It's Boss, he wants to talk to you."

I take it and see Boss at home, making coffee.

"Ah my daughter, how are you?"

My heart smiles at "daughter". "I'm good Boss, you?"

He sighs. "Doing much better, but don't have the strength to do any physical labor. I need to speak with you."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:00pm

I enter the office, where Joshua and Lucas are lazily sitting back, conversing.
Both young men look at me when I enter the room.

"Boss has information for us. Someone call the twins please."

Joshua calls for them, and Jayden and Jasmine enter.

"Whats up, fam?", Jayden says sitting next to Lucas on the couch while Jasmine heads to Joshua.

"Boss doesn't have plans on coming back at least for a while, so all of us will be running this agency for a while."

Lucas' brows furrow. "Why?"

"He said he can't bother to do any physical labor and said he will do 40% of the work for now, but all of us will handle in person dealings.  He also said he got word about Sam."

Everyone's ears perk up.

"His whereabouts aren't completely known but he's still with H.E.X.A, but unable to do much because of an incident in China."

All of our eyes go to Lucas and he speaks.

"Confidential guys, I can't speak on it."

Jasmine exhales. "Come on, I wanna know what happened to him."

Lucas shifts. "We questioned him, he answered most of my questions to me only. The Boss of the Bejing BlackLight agency dealt   with it. I can't say any more."

We all nod in respect.

Some stuff needs to be confidential.

"To be honest, I don't mind", Jayden speaks. "Yeah I get exhausted like crazy but this became our habitat now ."