U-nder Alleyways

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV

I drive quickly, reaching downtown in under 5 minutes when it usually takes 15.

I drive close to the restaurant Matthew and I reserved for them, and I see Grace smartly keeping a low profile.

She sees me and it's almost like she melts. She hurried into the car and we share a tight embrace.

I don't take long to swerve off into a closed and private lot to ask her questions.

"Where is he? What happened?"

She sniffles. "I- I went to the bathroom we were talking a walk, and when I came back I was looking for him. Some woman noticed and said he went off with a guy I asked how he looked like and she said he was in all black."

She takes a deep breath.

"T-then I called you and I tried to follow the lead b-but I feel like he's being held at gunpoint."

I shuffle in my seat. "What why?"

She sniffles before slowly bringing out her phone.

There was a video from an unknown sender. It was Matthew. He tried to take one of the agents phones and managed to send Grace the whereabouts before they caught him and held him at gunpoint.

My heart lurches when the gun cocks into place.

"Bring me Natalie. And he stays alive."

And the video ends.

"Sweetie, I don't want you going there with all those weapons they have. Call for backup or something."

Her voice was panicked and breaking, torn that two of her most loved people were being threatened.

"I have my gun, I'll go get him don't you-"

I hear a car and I tell Grace to duck, but when I see a tall and toned figure emerge my breathing eases.

His eyes nervously scan for me until he reaches my gaze and runs over to my car.

I turn the window down.

"She okay?"

"Yeah, I have his whereabouts I need to track them."

He nods. "I have my BlackLens in. Let me do it."

He takes the video and the smartlens scans the location. Till then I talk to Grace.

"Can you drive? I've texted Mark and he's on his way to the house. Take my car and drive safely. Take different routes and when you reach Mark will stay with you okay?"

She nods, sniffling.

"Are you sure Grace? Can you drive?", I ask again.

"Yeah." She wipes her eyes. "I raised a badass I can be a badass too."

I smile. "Right on." I fumble for my boot and give her a small gun. "Remember how to use this?"

She nods. I took her to some training sessions and she was able to defend herself well.

I give her a hug.

"Get my other baby back to me please", she chokes. "And stay safe too, both of you. I want all three of you home soon."

I agree, kissing her forehead while Lucas and I get into his car, heading to the tracked location.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••