E-mbrace Me

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV

It's been 3 weeks since Lucas left.

No call or text.

As the days got busier, and the time got longer I was no longer mad at him.

I just missed him.

A lot.

It was Friday, and we had a short day of classes so I got to leave by 12. I immediately drove to the agency, thinking of the days Lucas would insist on driving me.

I scan my wristband to enter BlackLight, being greeted by a few agents. I was always respected in the agency, because of my rank.

First place in the region, topping all the guys and girls.

It was something I was proud of, but I had to work really hard for it. Night spent training left a 13 year old with muscle aches, and I had to blame them to dance.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
12:15

I enter Boss's office to see the lights already on.

Confused, I head near his desk to see the Boss himself.

"Boss", I say, surprised.

He smiles, wearing a long sleeve olive shirt, with a brace on his arm and torso.

"Natalie, my favorite agent."

He gets up slowly, embracing me.

"You-You got discharged? Why didn't you tell me? I could have come to help you."

"No, No. You have enough on your plate with the agency and school."

He lets go of the embrace but holds my hand.

"How are you doing Boss?"

"I'm okay, my body has recovered well over the past two months. I will be working from home for a bit more, doctors orders. But I will take on more work now."

I nod, allowing him to sit on his chair but he refuses.

"I will still help, but you will need to hold down the fort here." Boss smiles. "You are doing great so far."

I sigh and laugh at the same time. "It is so much work."

He laughs in agreement. "It is big you got this. Any update on the mission?"

I then spend half an hour explaining and showing him all the news up to date, when he announces I will be holding down the fort and retires to his home.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:00 pm
BlackLight

I head into the tech wing to help the work with our stolen  earpieces, when Raven comes in a few minutes after.

"Natalie, you have a video call."

I raise my brows. "What?"

"It looks like an agent from H.E.X.A, she requests a private audience."

Who is it?

Confused, I head in a private room filled  with white lights and scattered with grey desktops and equipment. I sit in a seat and in front of me is a large screen that takes up most of the wall, and lights it up in beautiful HD.