Sleepy Feelings

LUCAS POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:30 pm

I texted Boss if Jasmine, Jayden, Natalie, and I can head to H.E.X.A. I then texted Josh if he can explain to everyone what he told me. He has been quite busy with all those appointments all day.  He sets up a time for 7 pm when he will finally be done.

I was currently walking  Jasmine to her car.

"You seemed out of it today."

I look at Jasmine who has concern in her eyes. "It's fine, my mind is on this morning", I reply, which is true.

"Are you sure Joshua is on our side?"

"To be honest, I wonder that too sometimes but, I know him. He's my cousin and I know he is a good person with a big heart. He wants to stop whatever they are planning." I stop at her car and face her. "We can't give him all our plans though. Safety measures, we need to be careful."

She nods. "He's your cousin right?"

"Yeah."

"No wonder he's so cute." She smirks, teasing me.

"Yo", Jayden walks to us greeting me with a  handshake.

I got much closer to the twins. Jasmine and I had a major class together so I got to know her more. She always tells me she finds me cute, but "ships" Natalie and I like the rest.

Jayden and I became bros, especially after our Lockdown, which now our school has cops rotating all day. I gained a lot of respect when he was there for Natalie, helping her with the lockdown and since then we have been talking more often. Jayden leads me away from their car as Jasmine takes one last glance at me and gets in the car.

Two girls pass us by. "You do realize almost every junior and senior girl gapes over you, right?"

I look at him confused. "What?"

He laughs his flashy smile. "Those two girls just  looked you up and down like a snackkk."

I look back at the girls and look at him.

Really?

"I didn't notice."

He laughs and shakes his head leaving me hella confused. "So many girls want a bite out of you yet your eyes are only on one girl."

I walk with him, hands in my jacket pockets staring at my shoes.

He stops and points up, where Natalie just exited the school and someone comes up to her.

"What's going on between you two?"

I squint in Natalie's direction, where the late January sun is directed on her like a spotlight, lighting her glowy tan skin and light brown curls.

"We're friends Jay, just friends."

My mind goes back to when she came to my house after New Years' when I injured my shoulder just three weeks ago. She basically friend-zoned me, and that's all I thought about when she left that day.

"You like Natalie, Lucas, we all see something brewing."

"I like her Jayden." His eyes go wide with surprise that I admitted it and I face him.

"I like her, but she is selfless enough to put the mission above us, and I should keep doing the same."

He looks at her who finally makes eye contact with us, and I swear my heart swings  and starts beating  faster.