Pineapple Pizza

NATALIE POV
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sunday

The Board was going to decide if we were going to school on Monday or taking a break.
They ended up closing school just for Monday to answer parents' concerns.

Lucas called me Saturday and we went on a video call with Boss instead of meeting him. Now that we know H.E.X.A is trying to steal BlackLight's identity, Boss has been able to amp up security. He decided to inform elite agents in our region about our mission, so if anyone has any information they come to us.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
5pm

It was Sunday evening and I spent most of the day eating and studying, hair in a messy mop of curls on my head all day.

I decided to take a hot shower and wash my hair, heading into my closet to put on grey joggers with a short sleeve graphic tee and then taking my time to diffuse my hair because my curls needed a bounce back.

I head downstairs to see what Grace is up to when I see her nervous and flustered, taking pans out of the oven.

Shes in blue jeans and a grey Harvard sweatshirt, hair tied up like she was just about to cook.

"Hey, you okay?", I ask her as I sit on the kitchen island stool.

"Hey honey, yeah uhm we are going to have a guest over tonight."

I raise my brows in question as I pop a few grapes in my mouth.

"Matthew called and he's coming over." She fiddles with the hem of her sweatshirt all nervous.

Matthew.

Matthew?

Omg.

"Matthew, as in the one you are dating and I haven't met?"  My eyes go wide.

"Yeah, he's coming over in two hours. He said he will cook but of course, I said no. Anyways, he said he's going to bring something and I'll make something too."

I''m finally going to meet Grace's boyfriend.

"Okay, what are you planning on making? Need any help?"

She sifts out some dishes and places them on the countertop.

"I don't know", she says hands on her hips staring at the dishes.

"Okay, what's he making?"

"I don't know! He didn't tell me when I asked", she gets flustered raising her hands up.

I laugh at her flustered face. She's nervous.

Cute.

We end up making stuffed baked potatoes as you can never go wrong with them and making it doesn't take too long.

She places the dish in the oven to keep it warm then checks the clock.

"Okay, I'm going to get ready."

"Is it formal or casual?", I ask staring at my t-shirt and sweats.

"Casual honey, he and I have been dating for 4 months now."

I roll my eyes. "And I'm just now meeting him."

She rolls her eyes back at me. "He's looking forward to meeting you. I talk about you a lot", she flushes and I smile pushing her to the stairs.

"Okay gooo get ready."

She gives me a smile and hurries up the stairs to her room.

She's excited.