| 2 |

•CHARLIE•

I groaned and turned as the sound of rushing cars filled the room. I sat up and ran a hand through my hair before grabbing my phone and pressing the power button. The screen lit up and I looked at the time.

07:10am.

Well, my alarm was set for seven but I snoozed it ten minutes ago. I lazily got out of bed and tripped on a blanket that was heaped on the floor. I pulled myself up by my elbows, so that I was seated, and groaned at the sting on my arms.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled in annoyance. "What is a blanket doing in the middle of the floor?"

That question woke me up like a splash of cold water and I stood up immediately.

That guy from last night! I gave him a blanket when he slept on the sofa. I ran into the living room and frowned when I noticed that he was gone.

I sighed.

What a jerk. I help him out with his injury and he doesn't even stay for breakfast. He even left the blanket in the middle of the goddamn room. I could have died!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but I seriously would have died. I'm all slim and slender. Anyway, I had to rush to work before Julian got angry at me and brought on an apocalypse.

I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, took a twenty minute shower and ate microwaved pizza for breakfast.

After finishing my lousy but delicious breakfast, I pulled on a pair of black jeans and a plain, grey t-shirt. I have myself one last look in the mirror and got out of my apartment before locking the door.

"Good morning, Charlie," my next door neighbor greeted with a wide smile. I waved at her and returned the greeting.

"Charlie, you're late," Julian, my boss, said as I walked into the art studio.

"Sorry," I apologised and put my bag on one of the chairs.

"You can start by cleaning up before the students start coming in at eight."

I groaned and grabbed a broom. "It's around 07:40 or something."

"It's not my fault that you came late. I hope that you've got some super speed ability to get you going."

"I'll just sweep some dirt under the carpet," I rationalised under my breath and he glared at me.

"What did you say?"

"N-nothing. I'll get to work right away."

When he left, I rolled my eyes and got my phone. I opened my music player and pressed my twenty-one pilots album icon. Kitchen sink started to play and I began to sweep as fast as I could after putting my earphones on. Afterwards, I arranged the art supplies and furniture.

Despite working at a well known art studio, I had zero talent or interest in art. I just cleaned up, delivered paintings and got paid really well at the end of the month.

At eight, the students started to file in and I started to work a little faster. I hummed along to chlorine and felt like dancing around, but everyone has some pride that they need to protect.

In the midst of my twenty-one pilots mambo, one of my earphones was rudely pulled off. I looked at the culprit angrily.

Julian rose a brow at me. "Don't give me that look. You've got paintings to deliver, remember?"

I sighed in irritation. "You could've just patted my shoulder or something."

"Hurry up," he continued, completely ignoring my earlier statement. "If you're late, they'll stop supporting this place and you'll have no job."

"Fine. Where am I going this time?"

"B&C Corp. They want paintings to be delivered every week, so be prepared to go there often." He handed a file to me and I studied it.

"It's almost at the other side of town," I complained.

He patted my shoulder. "That's why you have to hurry."

I looked at the tall building in front of me in awe. It looked pretty elite from the outside and I wondered if I would be kicked out if I suddenly walked in. I braced myself and rushed a hand through my hair as I walked inside. The security guard checked my ID and after confirming that I was just making a delivery, I walked to the secretary's desk.

The secretary looked at me and I tried my best to not to stare at the huge mole on her chin. If you looked hard enough, you'd see a hair or two sticking out. For a gorgeous blonde, that mole really caught more attention than her sparkly, baby blue eyes.

I noticed her change into one of confusion.

"Huh?" I asked, realising that she had probably said or asked something while I thought about her mole.

"What's your business here, Mr....?"

"Garrett," I said with a smile.

"Mr. Garrett. What's your business?" she repeated and I could tell that her level of tolerance wasn't enough for her position. She even gave a little eye roll when saying my surname - the nerve!

"I've brought the paintings that were ordered last week by a....." I looked at the name on the file Julian gave me earlier. "Victoria Brooke."

The lady nodded and smiled a beautiful smile that would have blown me away if her mole wasn't that noticable.

"Let me call and inform her of your arrival." She picked up the phone but put it down soon after. "Oh, there she is. Victoria!" she called, waving an arm.

A tall, beautiful woman looked in our direction. She had long, straight, black hair and wore a charcoal grey suit; she held a dark grey beaded clutch in her hands and had on light makeup.

I rushed to her. "Hi. I'm the paintings delivery guy."

She smiled at me. "Yes, I remember ordering them." She looked at the man standing a few feet in front of her. "Sir, the paintings you wanted from Julian are here."

The man turned to face us after he sent the person he was talking to away. "Already?"

My jaw dropped slightly at the sight of the man and I tried my best to not stare too hard.

"This is Theodore Bentley. The owner of this corporation," Victoria said.

It was the same stranger from last night, except he was in an expensive suit and his hair was neatly combed back. He looked completely different from how he was the previous night.

Theodore's lips stretched into a teasing smile. "Hello."

Holy shit.

~

I wasn't supposed to update today but xNo1Importantx gave me the vibe after her amazing comments on the first chapter.

Girl.... You got me in the mood to write😂
But I'll just publish one chapter and resist temptation.

Oh and I'm scared of all ball games. In sixth grade, my face was hit by a ball during a friendly game of netball. That ball wasn't friendly at all. How about you?

Any thoughts on ball games?

Vote, comment and follow💕