| 25 |

•CHARLIE•

I woke up to my alarm ringing right next to my pillow. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. Swiping right, the alarm went silent and I sat up groggily.

I ran a hand through my curls as a yawn escaped me and looked to my side. I laughed at my habit of checking if Ted was with me. No worries though, today makes three days until Theodore gets back and I was excited. I was so excited that I slept in one of his Armani shirts. He'll probably be mad that I wrinkled it but I couldn't help myself.

I got out of bed, grabbing my phone, and walked to the large mirror on the wall adjacent to the bed. I took a picture of my disheveled state and sent it to Ted. The shirt was a baggy on me and went passed my butt slightly. I didn't button the first two buttons and hoped that the picture looked as sexy as I felt.

I slid out of the shirt and went into the bathroom. After I took my shower and dressed up, I looked at my phone and frowned when I saw that Ted hadn't replied yet. He usually replies immediately.

I shook my head and put my phone in my bag. I went downstairs and greeted the cleaning lady before heading out.

He's probably busy. It's still seven so that isn't surprising. I felt sad because he always calls in the morning and at night to give me his awkward sounding kisses that I loved but not as much as the real thing. Not receiving that call today felt lonely.

I've been spending my days with Lynn and I also spent most of my evenings at her house. We would talk, eat and I'd find new ways to gross or creep her out.

"Good morning",Julian greeted when I walked into the studio.

"Morning",I greeted back with a small smile.

"I've got an important job for you today so hurry up with the tidying".

"Sure",I said, making my way into the changing room. I changed my clothes, put my bag in the locker and went back into the studio.

I started cleaning up and putting new canvases on the stands. Today's weather was exceptionally good and I enjoyed the music that was playing in the room.

I wonder what Ted will think when he sees me in the outfit Lynn helped me choose. I really missed him and knowing that he'll be home soon wasn't helping. I have to decorate the bedroom and order delicious food for dinner that day.

"Hey Charlie",Brody greeted as he neared me.

"Hi",I said, putting the cloth I was using to wipe the surfaces in the pocket at the front of my apron.

"I rented a movie yesterday. Do you like horrors?".

"I do but I get scared easily so I'll probably be hiding my face for most of the movie".

"Do you want to watch it with me at my place?",I rose a skeptical brow at him and he hurriedly added,"I won't do anything weird, I swear".

I hummed in contemplation and got my phone from on top of the table I had previously cleaned. I looked at the screen and was upset that Ted hadn't replied yet.

"What do you say?",Brody pressed.

"Sure",I said, putting my phone back on the table.

I felt guilty that I was taking advantage of his feelings by making him keep me occupied and giving him false hope. Lately, Brody and I have been talking more and he hasn't done or said anything with sexual innuendo.

"Great. What snacks do you like?".

"I like anything really".

He smiled and eagerly nodded,"How does eight sound? It's the time your shift ends, right?".

"Yeah. Eight sounds good".

"Are you done, Charlie?",Julian asked as he approached me.

"Almost. I have to separate the new and old projects. You told me to throw out some stuff last time but I forgot so I'm doing it now".

He waved a dismissive hand at me,"I can tell the students to do that. Right now, I need you to get some pictures from a Photoshop in town. If I remember correctly, we worked with them a few years back. It's Moon Cloud Photoshop".

"I don't know where that is".

"I do",Brody chirped in,"there's a clothing shop near there that I usually frequent. I bet that I can take you there".

"That would save us",Julian agreed,"I'm thinking of going for more natural paintings next month so I need their photos as references".

"That's okay. Let me return these cleaning supplies and we'll head out",I said.

"I've gone to bring my car to the front",Brody said and rushed out of the room.

"Hey, I heard what Brody said about the movie",Julian said after Brody left,"keep your guard up".

I smiled at him,"I will, don't worry".

Brody parked his car outside a big but simple looking building. At the front of the glass doors was a little chalkboard advertising their discounted prices and open photoshoots.

The entire block was filled with other fancy looking establishments. It was lined up next to clothing shops, another Photoshop and a variety of restaurants. I got out of the car and tried not to stare to hard.

"You like it?",Brody asked.

"Yeah. I've never been here before".

"There are more interesting places around here. If we still have time, do you want me to show you around?".

"That won't be necessary".

We got into the building and went to the receptionist's desk. She led us into the studio and we talked to the owner.

After we did all that had to be done, Brody and I went down and left the building. No sooner had I stepped out onto the concrete than Ted walked out of the Italian restaurant next to the Photoshop.

Our eyes widened as we stared at each other and I was over the moon. Ted is here! He's standing right in front of me in all his wonderful sexiness.

I want to kiss him.

"Theod-",I began but kept quiet when a beautiful woman stepped out from behind him.

Who is she? Why is he with her? What's their relationship?

A lot of questions ran about in my mind but I failed to voice them out.

The lady looked between Ted and I,"Do you know him?",she asked.

He held her arm and they turned away from me and Brody,"He's nobody you should be concerned about",he said and walked away with her.

I watched them leave as I pressed my lips together in anger, sadness and so many confused emotions. My chest ached so much that I felt like I was suffocating.

What the hell is going on?

~

What the fuck?
Wait... What just happened?
I'm so confused.😭

Vote, comment and follow💕