| 3 |

•CHARLIE•

"This makes three paintings for the week," Victoria explained to Theodore as she held up one of the paintings for him. "The colour mix in this piece is exquisite, don't you think?"

He studied it for a while. "I don't like it."

I sat there uncomfortably and stole glances at the door as they discussed the paintings. I'm just the delivery guy, why did I have to follow them to his office?

"You," Theodore called, his eyes on me.

I looked at him. "Hm?"

"What's your name?"

"Charlie."

"Well, Charlie, what are your thoughts on this painting?" He snapped his fingers and Victoria turned the painting to me.

I have no idea about what goes on with art. I didn't know what was right or wrong and this question was harder than geometry in highschool. All I saw were swirly colours lazily drawn on a white canvas and I could confidently bet $200 that I could do better with my eyes closed. Probably.

"Uhm... It's... Great?" I answered.

He gave me an amused look. "Tell me your honest thoughts."

"It's noticable that it's been done by an amateur and I personally wouldn't like to see such art on your company's walls," I admitted after some hesitation.

I know. It was stupid that I was looking down on art drawn by someone who learns at the studio but it looked like something that came out from Spongebob and no, Squidward didn't paint this one.

He hummed in agreement and looked at Victoria. "You should learn something from him."

She nodded. "Yes sir."

"B-but I don't know much about art," I explained, fearing that I'd make an enemy with Victoria. "Maybe she has better taste in it than me."

He stood up and I flinched as his golden brown eyes studied me. He looked at Victoria. "Finish this up, Tori. I'll be in the meeting room preparing for my ten o'clock."

She nodded and he left.

"We'll get these two." She put two aside and pushed one to me. "This one should be returned and tell Julian to bring over more professional ones. Mr. Bentley has a short temper, so he might ditch his best friend midway."

I nodded and stood up. "I'll inform him. Thank you."

"The check will be delivered in the afternoon. Do you mind the wait?"

I shook my head. "It's all good."

I walked into the studio and looked around for Julian. Luckily, I easily spotted him supervising a young, brunette woman. Well, more like him being too close and her blushing darkly.

I think that's sexual harassment.

I cleared my throat loudly and he quickly took a step back, making me sigh in disappointment. Even he himself is aware that what he's doing is wrong.

"How did it go?" he asked as he walked towards me.

"It went well." I handed over the rejected painting. "This one was returned though and Victoria said that you should sell them more professional paintings or else Mr. Bentley will ditch you midway."

He chuckled and began to study the painting. "He wouldn't do that."

"Theodore Bentley," I tested his name under my breath and huffed. Even his name sounds expensive.

Comparing the rough looking and foul mouthed guy from last night to the composed guy in the fancy business building with an expensive suit and clean shaven jaw made me wonder which one was the real him.

"Hey, Julian. What kind of person is Mr. Bentley?"

He shot me a smirk and put down the painting. "Your type?"

I blushed. "He is, but that's not why I'm asking."

"Then why are you asking?"

"Curiosity."

He hummed. "He's a wild, good looking billionaire who comes from a wealthy family. A lot of people flock around him whether their male or female."

"Both?"

"Yeah. He's openly bisexual and a hard catch. People say that if you date him then you're really lucky."

I nodded slowly. "Victoria mentioned something about you two being best friends."

"Ted and I have been best friends since middle school, but we separated after highschool because his father wanted him to go to some fancy international university."

I snorted. "I can't even imagine you two in the same room and yet here you are being best buddies."

He laughed. "It is what it is."

"I heard that he is a beast at night and sneaks out to gamble," one of the women chirped in and my attention shifted to her.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Brody, a really cute guy who would have been my type if he talked less, said. "I heard that he's a mob boss."

My blood ran cold. "Mob boss?"

"I heard that he sells human body parts to the mafia," someone else added and I wondered what kind of action movie life was becoming.

Why would the mafia need human body parts?

Different suggestions filled the atmosphere and they were all creepy.

"Hey!" Julian yelled angrily. "The guy that you're badmouthing is the same guy whose supporting this place. If it wasn't for him, some of your paintings would have never seen the fucking light of day."

The room quietened immediately and people mumbled apologies as they got back to work.

He shot me an apologetic smile. "None of those things are true, Charlie. He's just a rich guy whose highly respected and kinda feared because of his intimidating build. That's all."

I nodded and moved around to find something to keep me busy as the students painted.

Everyone had their own view of Theodore but me. And I thought of how fun it would be if I saw it myself.

~

What do you think?

I'm so excited! Well, I always am when writing a new book. Kindly tell me what you think.

Another thing about me....
It's hard for me to gain weight but I lose weight quite easily. It's a major concern of mine. How about you?

Vote, comment and follow.💕