| 16 |

•CHARLIE•

My head's spinning and I couldn't calm down. I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Even in the arms of the guy I really like, all the previous comfort seemed like an illusion and I was suddenly brought back to Earth by the snap of a magician's fingers.

Thank you, world, for being an asshole to me.

I sighed, leaning back into the chair.

I thought so! Theodore is too perfect. There was obviously some flaw somewhere but talking about cutting off someone's hand like discussing the weather was totally a shock.

What am I gonna do?

A hand suddenly landed on my shoulder and boy, did it scare the shit out of me. I looked at the owner of the hand and it was Julian.

"Are you okay?",he asked after a while of staring at me like I grew a boob on my nose.

"Yeah",I said nodding.

"Well, there are paintings to deliver to B&C, did you forget?".

"No but could you pardon me for today?".

He rose a brow at me,"Why should I? I'm giving you an opportunity to meet your boyfriend here".

"I'm kinda busy and B&C is a little far from here",I half lied.

He looked at me closely,"Are you really okay?".

"Yeah".

I bit my lip. Should I ask him about it? I mean, they are best friends so he obviously knows Theodore better than I do.

"U-uh, Julian",I began nervously. Thinking of telling him without my fears unintentionally exaggerating the details.

He looked skeptical,"Yeah?".

"About Ted. Does he-",I was interrupted by the door opening and Brody walking in.

He looked at Julian,"Some lady named May is looking for you".

Julian looked confused,"Which May?".

Brody shrugged,"How should I know?".

"How does she look like?".

"Short, busty, blonde... Ah, a rose tattoo on her neck".

"Oh, that May",Julian exclaimed happily and turned to leave.

"Julian", I called and he looked back at me,"can I stay at your place tonight?".

He looked uncomfortable,"Geez, Charlie. I like you and you're a cute guy but I don't swing that way".

I frowned,"I don't mean it like that".

"You can come stay over at my place",Brody politely offered.

I would have accepted if the risk of being forced to do something I didn't want to wasn't there.

I smiled at him,"Thanks but no thanks",I looked at Julian expectantly.

He groaned,"Ted is gonna kill me", then he looked at me,"okay. Just for tonight".

"Sure".

He left and I sighed in relief. He's the only person I can talk to about this.

"Are you sleeping with Julian too?",Brody asked as he leaned on the doorframe.

"He just said that he doesn't swing that way".

"So you're targeting him?".

My eyes widened in surprise,"That's not the point".

"Then why would you want to stay over? Are you and your rich ass boyfriend having a lovers spat? Looking for comfort?".