| 20 |

•CHARLIE•

I set up the last canvas and brushed my hands together as I released a relieved sigh. It was after working hours and Julian worked me like a donkey that owed him a huge debt.

"Charlie",Julian called and as soon as I turned to face him, he flicked my forehead with his middle finger,"you've been gone for three days without any explanation".

I cursed under my breath as I gently rubbed the place that he flicked,"I'm sorry. Theodore said that he'd call to inform you beforehand".

Ever since Victoria brought up the Paris thing, Theodore has been reluctant to let me go and yes, walking became a little difficult. How can someone thirteen years older than me have so much stamina?

Not that I'm complaining but too much of everything leads to skipping work and a sore asshole.

"Well, he lied. What kept you so held up anyway? You weren't even picking up your phone".

I blushed,"It's all Ted's fault".

He shot me a sly smirk,"Let me guess, you were fucking to make up for the time that you'll be apart?".

I sat on a nearby chair, my face now tomato red at his correct guess,"That's not it",I lied.

He chuckled,"I've noticed your hickeys and you came here looking like you were wrestling a bear in Ted's shirt".

I gasped and stumbled over my words incoherently, failing to formulate a legit excuse.

"He told me that he's going to Paris for two weeks",Julian continued, taking me out of my misery,"when is he leaving?".

"Tomorrow. Victoria said that it's something arranged by his father".

His smile dropped into a thin line,"Is it another marriage meeting?",he asked, more to himself.

My eyes widened at that,"What?".

"The only reason why his parents accepted his bisexuality is because they're expecting him to marry a woman. Ted isn't considering marriage yet but his parents are set on picking a bride for him".

I bit my lip uncomfortably as my mind got filled with insecurities.

Julian seemed to read through my silence and walked towards me. He gave me a comforting pat on the back and said,"It might not be that this time so don't think about it too much".

I nodded and he left the room.

I stood up and went into the changing room. I walked to my locker and opened it as I pulled out a black t-shirt. It was Ted's shirt and the first thing I could get my hands on while Julian screamed bloody murder at me over the phone.

The door opened and Brody walked in. I looked away, trying to ignore him but unfortunately, he approached me.

"Hey, Charlie",he greeted with a small smile.

"What do you want?",I spat out angrily.

"I'm sorry for all the mean things that I said. I'm hoping that we could put it all behind us and start over".

I wanted to laugh my head off. Life ain't that easy, buddy.

"No thanks. We're just fine as we are",I said.

He looked sad,"I'm really sorry. I was so rude to you and I said something awful about your sexuality".

I sighed, giving up,"It's okay. Since you seem all sincere about it but we're just business colleagues".

He smiled brightly,"If I can still talk and hang out with you then it's fine just like that".

I returned his smile and continued to change.

"Is it okay if I walk with you outside?".

I pulled Ted's shirt on and ran my fingers through my hair to ease my bed head,"Uhm, sure".

After we were both done changing, we walked out of the studio while Julian stayed behind with two women. He's probably trying to talk them into having a threesome.

Brody and I engaged in some idle chatter and it was actually nice. Before we could go far, I heard a car hoot behind us and turned to be faced with Theodore standing in front of a white Mercedes. Number two was in the driver's seat while number one stood by Ted's side attentively.

I smiled and was about to walk to him but Brody did something I totally didn't expect.

He stood in front of me as he glared at Ted,"Stay behind me, Charlie. I'll protect you from this harasser".

My eyes widened in surprise,"Huh?".

"Does he know that you're gay?",he asked, his eyes still on Ted,"last time he came, he gave you his card and he drops by the studio saying that he's checking out the place but he's come to see you. His obviously chasing after you".

Lord, could you make my life any more funnier?

I laughed,"That's because he's my boyfriend".

Brody turned to face me sharply,"He is?".

I nodded,"I'm happy that you're worried about me but Mr. Bentley isn't harassing me in any kind of way".

He gave me a look that said,"Why him?",but I didn't want to acknowledge it.

I patted his shoulder and gave him a warm smile,"Thanks for walking out with me but my ride's here".

He pursed his lips tightly and his eyebrows furrowed,"Of course. Goodnight",he tried to say somewhat calmly.

"Goodnight",I said and walked to Ted.

"Whose he?",Ted asked as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"His name is Brody. He's a colleague",I said, looking up to him.

He frowned slightly,"He guarded you away from me like some overprotective boyfriend".

"He likes me. I think".

His frown deepened and he held the back of my neck. Before I could ask what he was doing, he pulled me into a lustful kiss. His lips moved so skillfully against mine and I moaned when his tongue slipped into my mouth. He pulled away and looked over my shoulder at Brody as his hold on me tightened.

I laughed, knowing what he was doing,"Show off",I teased.

"You're worth showing off and I want him to realise that you're taken".

I snuggled into his chest,"Let's go home, baby".

He kissed the top of my head and guided me into the car. Number one slid into the passenger's seat and the car roared to life.

I rested my head on Ted's shoulder, seeking comfort from his warmth. What Julian said still troubled me a lot.

~

Hi guys!
I'm so happy that you are enjoying my book. Let's spread the gay love

Vote, comment and follow👣