Shooting for her own hand

3rd Person POV

"My name is Merida.Ill be shooting for my own hand!"

She stretched until her dress was ripped and she could move completely.She pulled the arrow back..and released.Bullseye.The clan leaders gasped.She started walking towards the next target and her mother got up and started slowly walking to her.Merida pulled back her arrow,and released again.Another bullseye.She moved to the next target and she released her arrow.It went straight through the arrow that was on the bullseye and it even went through the target.

She faced her mother as Elinor dragged her to her room.

"How dare you?I want what is best for you,but you do what?Mess it up?The clans came to fight for your hand.Not for me to be humiliated by my own blood!You will stop with this archery nonsense and start acting like a princess!"

She grabbed her bow and through out the window where all the trash wood went to be burned.

"Why?!"Merida yelled as she got on Angus quickly.She cried into his mane as he galloped to nowhere in particular.He stopped and when she looked up,she saw Hiccup looking at her.

"Merida?Whats wrong?"

"My mum took my bow and threw it out!I dont want to be married!I dont want to live like her!I want to be me!"She cried as he pulled her off the horse.He carried her to a small meadow near the river and he ran his hand over her hair.She cried softly onto his shoulder.

Suddenly,she stopped crying and wiped her eyes.She looked up into Hiccup's emerald green eyes and asked him a question."Will you take me to Berk?"

"Merida..."

"Hiccup...You know I hate my life here....You know how much people accepted me at Berk.I felt normal there.Like all girls were like me.Please...Hiccup,I've never wanted anything more."

"What about your horse?"

"He can find his way back to the castle...Will you take me?"

"Okay..I'll take you..."

Merida tells Angus to go back to the castle and he starts galloping off.Hiccup helps Merida onto Toothless and they go to Berk.When they get there,Merida seems so happy and Hiccup smiles because she is so happy.Its very late at night so no one is around in Berk.

"Thankyou Hic.."

"No problem..."

They looked into eachothers eyes and they started leaning in closer,and closer,they were about an inch away from eachother when they heard someone shout.

"Hey Hiccup!Where have you been?"Fishlegs asks

"Scotland,with Merida.She wanted me to bring her here so I did..."

"Hi Fishlegs!"Merida says.

Fishlegs leads them to where they train dragons and everyone is there.

"Hey Hiccup!"Tuffnut says.He smiles to Merida and everyone else greets them.

"So,what brings you back?"Astrid asks.

"Well,Merida's mom had the three clans come to Scotland to compete for her hand in marriage,she shot for her own hand and she got the best score.Her mom took her bow and threw it out.She wanted me to bring her here.So I did..."

"Is that what all princesses have to do?"Ruffnut asks

"That's what my mum says she had to go through...But I don't want to be like her.I want to be free!"

"Well how are you going to stay here?"Snotlout asks and everyone agrees.

"She can sleep in the extra room in my house if my dad says yes.Let's go ask him Mer."

They go to his house and walk through the door.They heard Stoik snoring behind one door and they walked through.Hiccup wakes him up and Stoik asks him what was so important to wake him up this late.

"Well,my friend needs a place to stay for a while."

"Well who is he?"

"Um,I'm a she..."

"Oh,I'm sorry...I didn't realize...Yes she can stay Hiccup.We can talk more in the morning."

He went back to sleep and started snoring.Hiccup took her to the extra room and gave her a pillow.She sat on the bed and felt it.

"Anything wrong?"Hiccup asked

"No,it's just different.Goodnight Hiccup."She responded and layed down on the bed.Hiccup walked into his room and was glad he didn't have to sleep on the ground with Toothless after a while.He thought about how Merida was happy to be at Berk and it made him happy.He smiled and fell asleep with a smile on his face.....

So how did you guys like that chapter?I wanted to give you guys a nice chapter after my time without updating...Hope you like the chapter!