Hiccup wakes up...

Third person POV

Merida was sitting on the chair like she has been for the past three days.Suddenly,she heard Hiccup stirring at looked at him.Hiccup opened his eyes slowly and tried to sit up leaning on his hurt arm for support.He quickly laid back down from the pain on his arm.Merida sat up quickly and went to help him sit up.She sat down next to him on the bed.

"Merida?How long have I been unconscious?"
"About three days..."
"Oh...So,is Mor'du dead?"
"Would I be in here if he wasn't dead?"She joked and ruffled his hair
"Guess he is dead..."

They sat there for a moment just looking into eachothers eyes.

"Thankyou Hiccup..."
"For what?"
"Jumping in front of me.Since I wasn't wearing armor I could have been killed from the blow."
"Well,I had to do it because I really really li- I mean,because you are a great friend!I couldn't let anything happen to you..."
"Thanks for being the best friend I've ever head Hiccup...Other than Angus!"
"So a horse is better than me?"He joked and the both started laughing
"Im glad you're okay Hiccup..."
"Im glad you are ok..."He said and grabbed her hand.

She looked at his hand and blushed very lightly,and she smiled at him.They started leaning in closer and closer.They were about an inch away when Maudie busted through the door carrying a tray.Merida quickly stood up,blushing.
"Oh good he's awake!"Maudie said and handed him some water
"Thanks..."Hiccup replied
He was about to kiss Merida but Maudie HAD to come in with water."I can live without water for a little."He thought as he drank the water.
"How do you feel uh,Hiccup?"Maudi asked
"I feel fine.My arm hurts a little,mostly when I try to use it.Other than that im fine."He replied
"You can leave at noon today then."Maudi replied and walked out of the room

"Well,that was..awkward!"Merida mumbled and sat back on the bed when Maudi was gone.

They both started laughing and then Hiccup asked her a question.
"So,did your dad kill Mor'du?He seemed pretty set on it."
"no...He died..."Merida whispered and let out a small tear.
"Oh,I'm sorry Merida..."Hiccup held her hand and smiled
"Want to come with me to Berk when I get out of here?"Hiccup asked and smiled

Merida nodded and smiled back at him.Hiccup put his good arm around her shoulder and held her hand with the other.Merida put her head on his shoulder and looked up at him smiling.
"Im so glad I have you Hic..."

Phew!That awkwardness when Maudi walks in!I actually loved how I ended this chapter!I didn't expect it to end like it!It just popped into my brain as I was writing the end!And they ALMOST kissed!I thought it would be better if they didn't kiss cuz it adds to their awkwardness and how they really like eachother but dont know how the other feels!BYE!Vote!!! :)