Blazing A Path Forward

"What do we do first?" You asked Subaru, who was thinking something over.

"First, we need to be sure that she's already been robbed. Then we can head to the loothouse, and there, we can try to get the insignia back." He stated. You were left with one question.

  "And the insignia is the stolen object? Like those emblems royal families had back in Ye olden days?" You asked, to which Subaru nodded.

  "Yes. That's it. Listen, I know where we need to go, so you just need to help me negotiate, maybe trade, Alright?" Subaru asked. You sighed and shrugged.

  "Fine. I may also be able to help negotiate with other items, but no promises." You stated.

  "Alright. First, let's find that place again, and we can try negotiating." Subaru stated, walking off. You had no choice but to follow behind him.

  As you walked with Subaru, you noticed the city turning from densely populated, crowded buildings to slums. Homes covered in dirt, made with rotting wood, etc.

  "This place doesn't look so good." You commented. Subaru swallowed.

  "Yeah, it's pretty bad. Come on, we need to get to the loothouse." Subaru started jogging, and you had to do the same to catch up. Your stand may be quick, but you weren't.

  After a few minutes, you reached a large wooden house, with locked doors. He started hammering on the doors, to your confusion.

  "Shouldn't you probably only kno-" the door slammed open to reveal a large, old man, who looked partially surprised, and partially mad.

  "Calm down! You don't even know the password!" He scolded.

  "It's important. I wish to trade for something that was stolen." Subaru spoke urgently, and the old man seemed to understand, as he let Subaru inside, with you in tow.

  "So you wanna trade, huh?" The old man asked.

  "Yes, I do. I want to trade for an insignia that a little girl stole." Subaru spoke with confidence. The man thought it over.

  "You must be speaking of Felt. Well, she'll be here soon, so make yourself comfortable." He stated. You noticed how Subaru looked at him uncomfortably, but didn't do anything.

  After maybe an hour, someone knocked on the loothouse door, and the old man walked to the door to demand the password. You didn't pay attention as the old man spoke, but when the door opened, that same blonde thief from before entered. Subaru took notice as she took a seat.

  "So, these two want to trade?" She asked the old man.

  "Yup. I'll appraise anything they trade." He answered, placing a glass of milk down, which Felt took, taking a sip.

  "This is watered down, Old Man Rom!" She shouted. The old man sighed.

  "I give you free milk, you could at least be grateful." He replies as Felt turns to you and Subaru.

  "So, What do you have to trade?" She asked. Subaru pulled out his cell phone, a simple flip phone.

  "This is called a cell phone." He stated. You smirked at what he was doing. Smart.

  "It can freeze any moment in time, and save it. Observe." He pointed the phone at an interested Felt and old man Rom, and pressed the capture button. The two were blinded by the accompanying flash as Subaru showed them the picture he took.

  "Huh, that's me." Rom stated while Felt observed herself.

  "I'm not that ugly." She commented as Subaru closed the phone.