Far From Home

Somewhere, in a city west of the Capital Of Luguncia:

Scarlet was late for work.

With no surname, she lived a normal life on the streets, as a vendor for a stand that sold fruits. Appas, things of that type. She had been late the previous morning as well, and the morning before that, all for the same reason: oversleeping.

Scarlet was someone who was always late because she loved her beauty sleep, and almost nothing else. Her worn shoes silently hit the paved stone road as she took a shortcut to the stall: a backroad, that led behind a barber shop led almost directly to the alleyway behind the stall she worked at. As she passed an alleyway, she tripped, almost hitting the ground.

She stumbled, looking around. There were no loose stones for her to hit, and her shoes didn't have anything that could've broken off. What did she hit?

As she looked around, behind some barrels, something shifted.

"Hello?" She called out, walking towards the barrel. She slowly walked in front of the barrels, looking around them, to see something-or someone-wrapped in a blanket.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked. The blanket shifted, eventually coming off to reveal a boy. He looked sad, as if he was feeling bad for something.

  "Hey kid, what's wrong?" She asked, sitting on her haunches. The boy shrugged.

  "I'm... I'm looking for someone." He timidly said. Scarlet smiled warmly, to try and comfort the boy.

  "If you need help, I can help you out." She said, holding out a hand.

  "My name's Scarlet, what's yours?" She asked.

  "It's Damien." He responded, shying away from her hand. Scarlet reluctantly drew her hand back, seeing how he didn't seem to like it.

  "Well Damien, can you tell me who you're looking for? I work at a vendor, and I can help you look." She offered. Damien looked up at her. If Scarlet had been a bit more attentive, she would've noticed the gleam in his eyes, as if this child was interested in her.

  "You'll know him when you see him, but I know how you can find him easier." He spoke. Scarlet chuckled.

  "And How is that?" She asked. Behind her, something scraped, like a sword being drawn from it's sheath. She looked back, to be greeted with an empty alleyway. As she reluctantly turned around, pain flashed in her neck. In front of her, blood spattered on the walls, on the blanket Damien was covered by.

  Something white flickered into view as Scarlet's eyes closed. She felt tired.

  "And this is the way?" Subaru asked, pointing to a map. The carriage you and him sat in rumbled as it rolled along the ground.

  "Yes Subaru, it is." You told him, highlighting the trail again. After a long talk with Roswaal, You had been employed, alongside Ram and Subaru, to find out who was out for Emilia's blood. Oh, and yours, too, but that apparently didn't matter, considering your inability to die now, thanks to Requiem.

There was a small city west of Luguncia, and from your information, this was your best guess to the general location of the mysterious person. The journey would take most of half a day, so you would arrive at approximately sunset. By then, you could buy some food, and rest a fair bit, before investigating. That was the plan so far, unless it gets ended abruptly by another enemy stand user, in which case, good for you.

The capital itself passed in the distance, as Ram spurred the ground dragons you had bought from some merchants over by where the (extremely dried out) white whale corpse laid. When you had looked back, you had seen a lot of grass that had managed to grow back from the circle you dried out, but the circle you had burned out, and absorbed with Twin Skeletons had yet to recover, to nobody's surprise.