Chapter 12

I thought I was going to die. I was losing so much blood due to the stakes in my hands. When it finished chanting it wielded a large knife as it came towards me. I was sure that it was the end for me. Until I heard my mother. It was a distant memory, brought on by the thought I was going to die.

I was ten, upset I lost my karate tournament. She took me out to eat, and I got my favorite dessert, lava cake. I sat there, feeling I didn't deserve it because I had lost. "Oh honey, " She told me with a smile. "You didn't lose. You just learned how to win next time." I huffed, "What are you talking about? We're just gonna move again. There won't be a next time." She smiled and ruffled my hair, "Silly, you're a fighter. There will always be a next fight, no matter where we are. Never stop fighting, and if you set a goal for yourself, I know you will reach it." "What makes you think that, " I asked her. She gave me a bright smile, "Because you're my child."

Growing up I had anger issues, so she allowed me to fight in karate, MMA, and other physical things. It helped a lot and my outbursts became few and far between until they were gone. Then she was killed. I became so angry and got into street fighting. I used it as a way to channel my anger and grieve. It wasn't until I earned the money to get her a headstone that I was able to grieve properly. I still had some anger towards vampires, but thanks to Azazel and his father, I learned that not all vampires are bad. Now I fight for a cause.

I had channeled my anger, pushing last the drug, and kicked some major ass without restraint. It was a complete shock when Azazel caught me. I almost thought he was an angel. In a way, I guess he was.

His mother though, a goddess. The care package was amazing and her homemade chocolate chip cookies were to die for. "Hey you're awake, " Azazel said while coming in. He then froze his eye twitching, "She made you her famous chocolate chip cookies? Dad and I always have to beg her!" He stomped his foot with a huff and I nearly choked on my cookie as I laughed a little.

He came over and sat on the bed and looked in the box. "She also sent brownies!" I swallowed the cookie and pulled out the gloves, "And your dad had these made for me, although he didn't have to spend so much on them. He told me you informed him of how I tore my hands up fighting so he had these made for me. No matter what I hit, they won't tear." They were charmed by a witch and were made of strong leather. He smiled softly, "Now you can show off without getting blood everywhere." I smirked, "I thought you liked blood." I was teasing him and he knew it, I could tell by the glint in his eyes. "Especially yours, " he said with his own smirk. I got the feeling though, he meant it more than a joke.

After that, we fell quiet. "How do you feel, " he asked me. "Like hell, " I answered. "I tried walking this morning to go to the bathroom. I damn near fell cause I didn't have the strength to walk. I've been cleared to go back to my room, but I don't have any clothes to change into. Jocelyn went to go to her dorm to let me borrow some of hers."

He nodded, "I see." "So what have you been doing since I was out the last three days, " I asked him curiously. "Training mostly, " He grumbled, running a hand through his cut hair. It was nice to see both of his eyes.

Jocelyn then came in, smiling brightly with a bag of clothes in her hand. "Nice haircut Az, " she teased and he glared playfully. She then gestured with her thumb to the door, "Now out so she can get dressed." He got up, snatching a cookie first, before leaving the room.

Jocelyn had to help me stand and dress which I hated immensely. When I was dressed Azazel came back in. "Need help, " He asked me. I sighed and he gave me a piggyback ride to the House of Warriors. Mack opened the door for me and took the box from Jocelyn. "See you later honey, " She said before leaving. There were greetings as Azazel walked in with me. I gave them a smile but that's all I could manage. Azazel confused me when he took me to a floor my room wasn't on. He walked till he was a little ways down the hall before he opened the door.

"Your old room was completely destroyed so I thought it best you get moved to another one, " He told me when I saw the inside of it. It was much different than the one I had been in previously. It was made to look more feminine. "Jocelyn gave us some ideas on what they do for the girls in the other dorms and we got permission to change it up for you." The walls were a soft gray that matched the black and silver comforter I had gotten for my twin-sized bed, which was the only bed in the room. I had a nightstand on either side of the bed and black lace curtains hanging from the window. What threw me off was the large black wolf laying in my bed.

"Whats is a wolf doing in my bed, " I asked him. "We figured that is your familiar. So you might as well get used to it because he is going to be by your side forever, " he explained to me. "But it's just a wolf, doesn't it have a mortal lifespan, " I asked him curiously. He nodded, "Usually yes, but when they're your familiar they bind their life to yours so they will live as long as you do."

The large wolf got off of the bed so Azazel can lower me down to the bed. This room was so much nicer. They even put in a couple of bookshelves. "Soon we will be trying out for our weapons licenses, " he informed me. "Usually you only do it if you're a fourth-year student but after the attack, they feel it necessary to have us all do it." "I've never used a weapon before, " I told him. He nodded, "Neither have I, but Andrus grants us all an ability to use a weapon because he knows it would take us more than four years to become the warriors he needs us to be. Most use swords, but there have been many in the past who have used a wide arrange of weapons. Commander Alec for examples uses a retractable spear."

"When are the tests, " I asked him. He flicked my nose, "For you, it'll be once you're healed." I rolled my eyes, "I figured that." "The rest of us, it starts tomorrow, " He told me and I nodded.

I planned on watching them at least. It might even be fun.