Chapter 24

I stopped in my room and sighed. Azazel, who had followed me when I left, wrapped his arms around my waist. "Talk to me," he whispered. "Everything I knew about myself and my parents was a lie," I whispered to him. "I mourned my mother, thinking she was dead. I grew up thinking my dad was a dead beat who deserted us. Instead, my dad was being tortured to keep us safe while my mother's human form was killed, sending her back to their realm to be tortured as well." I looked down at my hands and made the markings appear, "What am I?" I was turned and Azazel cupped my face. "You are Cleo Norse. My beautiful and strong girlfriend who is the first ever female warrior. You are the Fighting Champion from the games. And you are a new beginning for many great things." Then his lips were on mine. I gave in to it, just wanting to have at least one good thing come from tonight. The kiss became passionate and soon our clothes were gone and he was on top of me in my bed. I lost myself in the lust and passion we shared. Minutes turned to hours, until we were both breathless and sweaty. We laid with my head on his chest and one of his arms around me while the other was behind his head. 

"I'm sorry our date was interrupted," He whispered to me. I placed a kiss on his chest, "You don't have to apologize, in a way it's my fault." "It's not your fault, you had no idea you came from such an insane family," He told me. I scoffed, "Don't you mean blood thirsty?" My thoughts drifted to my parents. "We'll save them," He said, as if he was able to sense where my thoughts had drifted. "We'll train together, and do whatever it takes to free your parents." He placed a kiss on my head, as a way to seal his vow. I couldn't throw my friends into danger like that. He was right, they will be saved. But I will have to do it. I can't let any more of the ones I care about get captured and tortured because of me. With that last thought, I fell asleep. 

Azazel's POV

The next day, Cleo and I were training first thing. The lie told about those who possessed magic passing out was that it was a ley line flexing, affecting their magic. Everyone seemed to believe it well enough since school went back to normal the next day. Cleo had a new fire within her and it was staggering. Today we were running laps around the campus until we can't to help with our endurance. The only problem was that, the campus was a couple miles long and a few miles wide. Many of the first years dropped half way around the campus on the first lap. Cleo and Joseph hung on though. Joseph probably had the same thoughts I did last which was why he was pushing himself so hard. 

"You okay there Cleo," one of the third years teased. If I wasn't mistaken his name was Corbin Noland. He had the ability to walk through solid forms of matter. When he was a first year, he lost his clothes a few due to his gift. "Azazel didn't wear you out to badly after last night, did he?" He teased. It was no secret Cleo and I had sex last night. My scent was all over her. She rolled her eyes, not commenting, wanting to keep her breathing under control as she ran. "Or maybe the problem is, he didn't perform like a real man should have," He said while shooting a smirk at me. The glare she shot him, made a few stumble at the severity of it. "Yo, Corbin, ease off them man," Holand Mathis, a second year, told him. Holand was able to throw up a shield around him, or around others. The smaller the shield, the stronger it was. He's showing improvement, but he has a long ways to go. 

"Why should I," Corbin asked him. "Because pissing off a woman who can throw a dragon is never a good idea," Joseph told him. "Can't defend yourself half breed," Corbin asked me. "Got them trying to defend your pride, or is that you don't have any?" "Such big talk for a guy who hasn't been able to get a girl since I got to this school," Cleo told him. "Maybe if you stopped covering yourself in cologne and took a bath for once you wouldn't get turned down by every girl on campus." There were a couple of snickers from the others. "It doesn't help you use shitty pick up lines either. 'Are you Lois Lane, if so let me be your Superman'," She mocked. "Like seriously? If a woman went out with you for using lines like that, it was out of pity." 

Corbin's ears turned red, "Where the fuck did you hear that?" She snorted, "The girls in several of my classes talk. I hear about many of your attempts at trying to ask them out. Don't worry, they talk about all of the guys from the other Houses. You're not the worst, but you're in need of some help there buddy. And you don't want to know what they say about how you guys perform, so I would seriously watch it, before I stop being merciful. The only thing you guys got going for you, is that we're the best dressed, and that's thanks to our rules." After that, none of them said anything. 

After a few laps, many have dropped out by now, but the three of us hung on. "Cleo, you're pushing yourself too hard. Your demon abilities have kicked in, but your body is still human," Joseph told her. "At this rate, you're going to collapse due to fatigue and shin splints," I told her. She was soaked in sweat and I could tell she was in agony. I looked at Joseph and he sighed, knowing she was too damn stubborn for her own good. She stumbled on a rock and I caught her. She grumbled in protest, but I gave her a look and it had her caving. She sighed, "Fine I'll go back." She walked back to where the others were and I looked at Joseph. He had a smirk, "Race?" I smirked, "You're on mutt." "As if half breed," he scoffed. We then took off, me with my vampire speed, him with his wolf. 

Cleo's POV

When I met up with the others, Kylen handed me a towel and a water bottle. "Are those two still going at it," Reggie asked me while I downed the water. I saw the small dust cloud from the speed they were going, "See for yourself."  They shook their heads at their behavior. I noticed Batair out of the corner of my eye walking with a guy, a bag slung over his shoulder. He had his lip pierced, silver hair cut short and spiked, and his nails painted silver. His bottom eye lids were also heavy on the eyeliner. He wore a coven's pendant around his neck, and his arms were covered in black and gray tattoos. Silver crosses hung from his ears and as he got closer you could make out the various rings on his fingers. 

"The only time I see that much black on a person is at a funeral," Kylen grumbled. "Talk about a Hot Topic reject," Reggie said as he looked at the guy. I glared at the both of them, "Leave him alone." "Anyone still running," Batair asked Gin. "Joseph and Azazel," Gin replied. Batair sighed, "Those lads will be at it for hours at this rate." He then gave out a high pitched whistle that had many of us covering our ears. When Azazel and Joseph came over, sweating and panting Batair made the introductions. "This is Mirio Mystiq, our newest addition to the ranks, give the lad a warm welcome." Many seemed to tense up at the name. I faintly remembered hearing of the Mystiq family. Roark Mystiq was a powerful witch who had slaughtered his own coven, including his own mate. It was because of Colleen Mystiq, Mirio's eldest sister, that he and his three other siblings were able to escape. However, after that Roark became a serial killer after that. Because of the actions of their father, the children were shunned. 

Many seemed to keep their distance from him and he sneered at them. I walked and gave him a warm smile, "I'm Cleo, welcome home brother." "Ignore the idiots, they'll come around eventually," Joseph said from behind me, giving his usual lopsided smirk. "It won't be an easy adjustment, trust me but you're not alone," Azazel told him, going back to the cold tone he usually had when talking to others who weren't Jocelyn, Joseph, and I. He still used that voice with Reggie and Kylen, but he has his reasons. He looked from me to the two behind me. He then took my hand and shook it with a nod. 

After that we were all dismissed for showers and to rest. It was basically a stampede back to the house since many of them had roommates and they were fighting over who were going to be showering first. Mirio hung back, watching the pushing and shoving. "Why approach me," He asked softly. I smirked, "I know a thing or two about being an outcast. Plus you're a warrior now. Your family name and past mean nothing. Andrus saw you as worthy, so that's enough for me." 

With that, I went into the House to enjoy a much needed shower.