Chapter 29

I was woken up by a harsh knock at my door. The sun was still up. I looked at my clock and saw it read four o'clock. I got up when there was another knock. Captain Roarick was on the other side. He shoved the clothes and whip into my arms, "Get dressed and meet me downstairs." It's punishment time, I thought. I shut the door and quickly got ready. The clothes he gave me were a lot like the uniform official warriors wore. Except my black cargo pants were form fitting, and my boots had a heel to them. My black shirt was also form fitted. I tucked it in before putting on my belt that had a holster for my whip. Once ready, I left my room and went downstairs. I saw Azazel, Joseph, Mirio, Kylen, and Reggie waiting with a couple of the other warriors, armed and ready for a fight. We left the House and made our way to a black van. Becca, Daisy, and Jocelyn were waiting there with two other warriors. They had been given clothes much similar to mine. "What's going on," I asked Captain Roarick. "I gathered those you trust most, for a mission. Once in the van, I will explain more." We all climbed in and Captain Roarick began to explain the mission. 

"Some students have gone missing," he explained to us. "They had been last seen hanging in the back of the library two days ago, studying together. The librarian doesn't remember seeing them leave, but when she went to tell them she needed to close the library, they were gone, their bags still there. We tracked their scents to a ravine hours from the campus. I needed a team who I knew trusted each other. After seeing you all last night, I knew this would be the best team." He then gave me a map and I looked it over. 

"By now their scents could be diluted, but hopefully we can find a way in with some kind of trace left," I said. I looked at Azazel, "Can you fly through the ravine and do that for us?" He nodded, "Will do." "We have gear to scale down the side of the ravine," Captain Roarick said to us. Joseph snickered, "This is going to be interesting." "Why do you say that," Daisy asked him. "She doesn't do heights," he said while snickering again until Kylen elbowed him in the ribs. Heights and I did not get along, but I will swallow that fear to save those students. 

When we got to the Ravine Azazel flew through it, until he stopped at a cave that was almost on the bottom, just above the water line. He then flew back to us, "There is blood at the entrance of the cave that matches the scent of the scarf." He gave the scarf back to the Captain that he used to help track the scent. I nodded, "Let's get climbing." 

We made our way down the side of the ravine, dropping in to the cave. The entire time I had to keep a leash on my fear. "You okay," Mirio asked once we got into the cave. I nodded as I slipped on my gloves, "Let's find those students." 

We made our way into the cave, weapons ready. The cave opened to a large dome area with several tunnels. "Which tunnels have the strongest scent," Mirio asked those who could tell. "They all do. Some older, some newer," Joseph said. "They must not be the only ones who have been taken," I said. "Let me see if I can find them," Jocelyn said. Her eyes began to glow as she looked around the cave. "Their at the end of this one," She said before blinking, stumbling a step back. Joseph was quick to steady her, "You okay?" She nodded, "Still not used to transitioning from my sights. I'm fine now." He let her go and we began to head down the tunnel. 

We then cautiously went down the tunnel, keeping our eyes and ears open as best as possible. "I hear crying," Azazel whispered softly. We got to the end of the tunnel and saw it lead to a large room with cages that held the missing students from our school, but others from the other schools. A portal then opened and a demon came out, dragging a guy who was unconscious by the collar of his shirt. 

He then threw him in the cage and locked it. It seemed happy with it's catch. "They're all humans," Joseph whispered as he looked at the various cages. Suddenly something blasted us, shooting us all into the room. The demon hissed and climbed up the cages like a chimpanzee. I groaned and got to my feet, looking at the entrance. A man came in through the tunnel we were in, wearing long robes of satin and silk. His skin was crimson and he had a crown on his head. "I expected my grandchild to look more demon like," he said as he looked me over as I got to my feet. 

"I'll show you more demon like," I told him while setting his robes on fire. I didn't have control over my demon flames yet, nor could I make them big, but I could use enough to use as a distraction. As he cut off the piece that was on fire, I went to try and hit him with the strength I did have control over, but I bounced off, slamming into the stone wall. I noticed Daisy, Becca, and Jocelyn worked at rescuing the captured students while Kylen and Mirio went against the demon who captured them, and Reggie, Azazel, and Joseph went against my grandfather. My grandfather seemed bored as he easily blocked them like they were gnats. 

"This has grown tiresome," he said with a sigh before blasting the three of them. Azazel managed to use his wings to protect himself, but it still sent him flying into the stone wall. Joseph and Reggie weren't moving where they were laying, bleeding profusely. Daisy and Jocelyn ran to them while Becca tried getting the other students out of there. One of them was a healer and they went to help. I struggle to get up, my body in agony. 

He then grabbed me by the throat, using his magic to bind my arms and legs so I couldn't fight him. "I think I should let your parents see the kind of woman you have grown into," he said. "After all, it'll be the first and the last time your father will ever get to see you." He then opened a portal. My eyes darted to Azazel in panic. "Cleo," he called out as he got up, his body glowing. He sent his steel feathers laced with magic towards me grandfather as he threw me through the portal. My grandfather waved them off, sending them back at him. "Azazel," I cried from where I laid, just inside the portal, helpless. My grandfather stepped through, the portal closing behind him, trapping me in the demon realm. My grandfather smiled as he grabbed me, "Let's get this family reunion started, shall we?" 

Azazel's POV

Gone. Cleo was gone, and I wasn't able to save her. When we got out of that damned tunnel, we found the two warriors who had come with Roarick, dead on the ground. And Roarick? Oh, and it wasn't Roarick after all. It was Tilson, who used his magic to look like Roarick. During the altercation with the king of demons, I became a full warrior, and that wasn't even enough to save her. I could capture Tilson though. Daisy and the other student were able to keep Joseph and Reggie from dying, but they needed help that only the school could give them. 

I sat on my new bed, in my new room for full warriors, with my head in my hands. No one blamed me for not being able to save her, but I sure as hell did. She had been so close, but I had no idea of how to fight against a demon who could wave off my magic like it was nothing. 

My door opened and I looked up. It was Lord Demix. "The more time you sit here blaming yourself, the longer she's stuck there," He told me. "My spies tell me he plans to toy with her first." "What are we going to do," I asked him. "I'm going to train you to fight against his magic," he answered. "It's going to take some time, but now that you're not stopped by curfew, I'm going to spend every second getting you into shape. So let's get started." 

Just wait for me Cleo, I'm coming.