Chapter 21

Coming back to school was strange. Everyone talked about the games and looked at us like we were celebrities. Now I couldn't go anywhere without someone wanting to talk to me. Jocelyn and I couldn't even enjoy a simple shopping trip without others wanting to talk to us. Today though I was cornered by Tiffany Sanders. The one responsible for many of the good looking calendars, and interesting social media posts. Her page was known all over the world. "Can I pretty please have an interview," She asked me. Her round Harry Potter framed glasses gave her this cute nerdy look. Her platinum blonde hair was in a cute messy bun. She wore dark skinny jeans, a black long sleeve blouse with a burgundy cardigan over it, and black healed booties. "Um sure," I told her. "So all over my page I have had so many people asking me when I was going to interview you. At first I was one of the ones who thought you were just a rumor, then boom, you're killing it during the games, and slaying it at the dinners in those beautiful dresses," She said to me. "So can you tell me why someone would want to stake dead animals to your bedroom door? As well as your friend's door?" "I actually can't. When it happened I was gone at the games. I know the warriors are looking into it and if they've found anything they haven't told me," I shared with her. I truly didn't know why someone would do that to an animal. It would've been better had they just painted on my door or something. 

"Okay next question. I have many male fans and surprisingly enough, many females, are wanting an entire female warrior calendar with you in it. Would you mind modeling for it," She asked me. "As long as it doesn't interfere with my training or studies, I'd be more than happy too," I answered. She squealed, "It's going to be the best calendar yet. Okay next question, are you and Azazel dating?" I nodded, "We are. He asked me on the night of the celebration dinner." "You two make a wonderful couple by the way. I just wish you had been able to take part in the team work portion of the games so we could see your team work," She said to me. She asked me a lot more questions until Azazel walked up to us after his training with his mentor. 

She waved bye and walked away. I sighed and he chuckled softly. He pulled me to him, "So I haven't seen you in a while." This was true. They've increased our training and having group decisions on the changes to the House of Warriors since we are using the winnings to give it a much needed upgrade. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He bent his head down to give me a kiss but some warriors came and ruined that for us. "Move it along kids," One of them teased. "Yeah no PDA allowed," another teased. Azazel grumbled something under his breath before taking my hand and leading me back to the House of Warriors. 

"Use protection!" One of the guys said from the couches, earning laughs from everyone else while I rolled my eyes at them. We went to my room where it was much quieter. I smiled, "Now where were we?" His lips were only a centimeter away when someone knocked on the door. He growled and I rolled my eyes. I opened the door and found Kylen with Reggie. "Are we interrupting something," Kylen asked, looking between Azazel and I. "Kind of," Azazel muttered. "We could just come back," Kylen said but Reggie stopped him. "No. We came to apologize," Reggie said. "We're sorry for simply standing by when Daisy and Bethany acted like royal bitches to you. We're warriors and we're supposed to stick with our brothers and sister no matter what." "Jocelyn was right. We need to pull our heads out of our asses, and this is us trying," Kylen told us. 

I nodded, "Okay. I'm accept your apology, however I don't forgive you. Actions speak louder than words. Your actions will tell me if you mean it, and that will happen over time." They nodded, accepting it. They then left and I shut the door. Azazel then pulled me towards him, "One kiss, that's all I'm trying to get." He whispered to me. I smiled and gave him the kiss he's been wanting. I moaned at the taste of him when his tongue entered my mouth. He walked me backwards, his lips never leaving mine. When my legs hit my bed, I sat down. He followed me as I laid down. One of his hands found it's way up my shirt and I arched into him. He broke the kiss to trail kisses down my neck. He stopped when he got to the spot where my neck met my shoulder. I felt his fangs graze the skin, causing me to moan softly. 

We were then interrupted by screams outside. We ran to the window to see what was going on. Students ran to their houses as these weird creatures ran and attacked whoever  was closest. Our phones chimed with a message, saying every student should return to their respected houses, including student warriors. We went downstairs where the others, sat not looking happy about the order to stay here. We weren't full warriors yet so we could easily be killed. The men fighting on the other hand were pretty hard to kill. 

"What the fuck are they," Joseph muttered as he looked out the window. "They look like demons," Kylen said as he watched them. "But the school is on holy ground, so demons can't enter," one of the fourth years said. "Whatever they are, they seem to be giving the warriors trouble," Reggie said and many of us agreed. 

I then saw Batair begin to slice through them with ease with a sword of flames. The creatures began to scream and die when he did. Soon other warriors began to use flame throwers on the creatures. They began to run in fear from the warriors, trying to get away from the flames. Healers began to run to the injured students as the warriors pushed back the creatures. One of them made steel cages pop up to capture them. They slid through the bars like butter though. Others tried to capture them, but the creatures went right through them. When the creatures were gone they turned off the flame throwers and Batair's sword disappeared. 

We all sat around the common room, waiting for some kind of explanation. We received a message on our phones that students are not allowed to leave their Houses for the next two days. Provisions will be brought, but until then, we are to sit tight. What the fuck is going on?