Chapter 27

I hit the floor with a groan after Lord Demix knocked me down again. Many of the others were training with what few warriors we still had left that we trusted on campus. We had no estimated time on when the new warriors will be coming. For all we know it could be within the next few hours or it could never happen. We just had to wait and see. Until then, we were doing our best to train and figure out the best route regarding the catacombs. We had found the maps, but a few of the tunnels have collapsed so we are having to try and get creative.

"How do you expect to save anyone if you can't bring forth your demon abilities," Demix asked me as I got back to my feet. "You can barely hold them longer than five minutes. Don't you want to save your parents?" I snapped them, and shot him with a ball of black fire. It clearly caught him off guard. I then looked at my hands. What the hell was that? "I see you got your father's hell flame," Lord Demix said as he removed his jacket, the flames eating it quickly. The flames went out when it became nothing but ashes. "You may be more like your father, and I do not see that as a good thing. The man is stubborn, brash, and has not an ounce of impulse control. However he is loyal to the core, even if it could end up with him staked outside of the palace walls, he will never give up his men or family."

After that, he began to continue to kick my ass for the next couple of hours. I practically dragged myself back to my room. I took a quick shower to wash away the sweat, dirt, and grime before stepping out and turning on the hot water of my tub. I grabbed one of the bath bombs I had in the cabinet with my towels. It was to help my sore muscles relax. When the tub was filled I turned off the water and put it in. I smiled when I saw it also began to bubble.

Once it was dissolved, I grabbed my phone and got into it. I sighed happily and relaxed. I was reading a book on my phone when I heard my bedroom door open. "Cleo," Azazel called out. "In here," I called out. He came in and raised an eyebrow at me. I noticed he had gotten another haircut. "You cut your hair again," I said to him. He ran a hand through it, "Yeah, it had started getting shaggy on me." I smiled, "I like it." He bent down and gave my lips a soft kiss before sitting down by the tub.

"They're still wanting those of us who got an invitation to be a dragon rider to go," He told me. "I think you should do it," I told him. "With everything that is going on, I don't feel comfortable leaving you behind, especially since Joseph will also be going," he told me. I nodded, "I understand that, but I feel this will really help with your training, and right now, with our mentors gone, we have to seize every opportunity we are given."

"I just feel like something is gonna happen if I do," he confessed as he ran a hand through his hair. "That's not always a bad thing Az," I reminded him. "Sometimes really good things happen to us." He nodded, "Yeah." We fell into silence and I gave him another smile. "You'll be an amazing dragon rider," I told him. He returned my smile.

When the water got cold I had Azazel get me a towel. I stood and wrapped it around myself. He offered a hand as I stepped out of the tub. "Mind if I stay with you tonight," he asked me. I shook my head, "Not at all." He went into the room and removed his shirt. My eyes ran over his very well sculpted body. "My intention is to sleep Cleo," He told me. "I know," I told him. "If you keep looking at me like that, my intentions are going to change to more than just sleeping," He told me. I smirked, "You won't hear me complaining." I then walked over to my bedroom door and locked it before letting go of my towel before tossing it in the hamper.

I could feel his eyes burning holes into me as I grabbed a tank top and shorts. I slipped them on and looked over my shoulder innocently. The raging hard on he was sporting was very tempting, but I know we had an early morning. He laid down in only his boxers and I joined him. I was so tired from all of the researching and training that my mind felt like mush. Sleep took me into its sweet embrace instantly.

I was ripped from my sleep when there was a banging on my door. Azazel growled as he got up and went to the door. "What the hell do you two want," he grumbled. "Terry didn't make the change, instead he exploded into green goo that got all over the room. Made me happy I was completely under my blankets," I heard Joseph. "Mirio not so lucky." "Fuckin' bite me," Mirio muttered. Azazel sighed and stepped back, "Shower is open." Mirio came in and threw me a tired wave as he headed to the bathroom. Joseph went in and grabbed a pillow and blanket from one of closets before laying on the floor. Lykos didn't appreciate the new wolf on the floor so he jumped on to the end of my bed. Azazel was about to shut the door until Cameron came up to the door, "High Priest said the warriors are gonna be here at the ass crack of night fall and we need to be up to greet them."

Joseph cursed from his spot on the floor while Azazel sighed. Cameron raised an eyebrow. Azazel explained that Terry was rejected by his gifts and the room is having to be cleaned. He nodded in understanding before leaving. Mirio came out of the bathroom wearing a tshirt and basketball shorts. He made a blanket and pillow appear before laying on the floor. Azazel sighed as he laid down with me again.

Terry was the fifth student warrior we lost this week. Not having the full fledged warriors with us was hitting many of us really hard. Harder than we had expected. On the bright side we had about eleven fourth years, three third years, and one second year become full warriors this week as well. Thankfully they were all stationed at our school. For now at any rate.

The next morning we were up bright and early to meet the new warriors who would now call this campus their home as well. The Captain was a Roarick Holmes. A man who was in our history books for the most battles won. He was one of the first warriors ever marked. He was also listed in the book Alec gave me that listed those I can trust. His second on the other hand gave me chills. Commander Tilson Porter. He was also our new tracker who marked new students as warriors.

"I understand tis school be filled with nutin but chaos, but you brats will liten to us," Tilson told all of us. He had a very charming way of speaking, I thought. Roarick looked us over silently, not saying anything at first. "No longer will you be treated like students. You have survived hell and you will be treated as one of us. You will also be trained like we are as well. Any newbies who join us, they are students and you will outrank them due to your experience. Your new schedules and mentors will be given once I have looked over your files. To make up for lost time, I may have to give two mentors each." He then dismissed us.

We gathered in the warrior house and the student witches sealed the room. "I don't trust our second," I announced to them. Many seemed to agree with me. "I want him monitored as closely as possible." "Will do," Silvester, a third year who can move in the shadows said with a nod. "Usually Commander Roland is with the Captain, it's odd seeing them apart," one of the fourth years commented. "Something tells me it's the council's choice to have Tilson here instead of Roland," Azazel told them. "They want to give us as few allies as possible," I added in.

After coming up with surveillance plans, we went back to acting like normal people in their early twenties to throw off any possible suspicion. We don't know just how many allies we have compared to the amount of enemies. I pray to Andrus we find that out sooner rather than later.