Chapter 4: Dinner

YOUR POV

'Oh...my...Thor, he's kissing me! He's kissing me?? This feels...really nice. I wonder if this is how Astrid felt when Hiccup kissed her. Or was it the other way around? I don't know!!'

My mind kept on rambling and rambling, but I realized I didn't return the kiss.

Snotlout quickly pulled back. I could tell he was embarrassed and confused as to why I didn't return the kiss.

"I...am sorry. I just got into the moment and--"

My confidence was through the roof and with all my strength I grabbed his tunic and yanked him towards me and kissed him hard.

I close my eyes tight and my body felt tense. I slowly started to relax and and we both just melted into the kiss.

Before we knew it we were holding each other close. I looked down embarrassed not believing what I just did to him.

"Wow (Y/N)" Snotlout breathlessly said in a whisper which was really calming and relaxing. "That...was really something."

I looked up at him and smiled. I didn't know what else to say. All I could do was stare into his blue eyes. I stepped back a bit and held his hands, they felt rough and were way bigger than mine. I looked up into the sky and noticed a lot of the sun was covered from the trees, but I could tell the sun was about to be going down, it looked like it was about to be dinner soon.

I looked back at Snotlout and gasped, he looked at me in sudden confusion.

"We should be heading back soon and meet up with the gang!" I exclaimed

He looked up as well and nodded in agreement "Yeah we should."

•●●●•

As we were walking I looked at Snotlout with a soft smile.

"I wish I had told you everything a long time ago." I then looked at the sky thinking back when I was just a teenager. "It would have saved a lot of heartaches. But I didn't know you liked me back! I thought our friendship would get ruined if I told you. I was scared." I admitted, chuckling to myself.

It was true. I was scared to lose this friendship, but it broke my heart every time he became flirtatious towards another person and thinking he liked someone else. Maybe part of that was jealously too.

"I wish I said something too. I liked you for a while, but I didn't know you felt the same. Argh! I'm an idiot!" Snotlout yelled.

I stepped in front of him and held his face with both my hands

"It's okay, you muttonhead! You didn't know we had mutual feelings. What matters now is that you're with me, right here." I smiled at him and gave him a swift kiss on the cheek.

I stood by his side again and grabbed his hand firmly. I gave him a nod with a smile while in returned he gave me a toothy grin and we started to walk back to where we entered, walking hand in hand shoulder to shoulder.

•●●●•

We were heading towards the new Great Hall. Since we couldn't bring our old one because bringing that back here is impossible since it was practically inside a giant cliff side.

This new Great Hall is, well, pretty great and impressive like the last one. And just like the last one, it's a place where the Cheif and the village can make important decisions together, it is also a shelter when the weather gets bad. It's also a place to celebrate and eat together.

We both walked in and it was very loud and full of life. It was weird to see no dragons though. It's going to be hard getting used to not seeing dragons at all anymore.

We both headed towards where  they were serving food. Snotlout and I picked up a plate and began to serve ourselves. There were various types of meats, fruits, vegetables, and fishes. For drinks, we had some water, juice, and of course mead.

I went for the juice since I'm really not much of a drinker and of course, Snotlout went for the mead.

We found our friends who were sitting at a long table. It seemed like they got here not too long ago.

"Long time no see everybody!" I joked. It's only been a few days since the last time I saw them, but definitely felt like forever.

Everyone started to greet me all at once.

Hiccup waved, "Hey! (Y/n)!"

"(Y/n)!" Astrid exclaimed

"Hey! It's good to see you!" Fishlegs exclaimed cheerfully

Followed by Ruffnut, "What's up (Y/N)!?"

"She's still here?" I heard Tuffnut say lastly.

Everyone gave Tuffnut a deadpanned look while Ruffnut punched his arm.

"Ow, what!? I was just kidding!" Tuffnut yelled out.

I chuckled as I shook my head "Yes! I'm still here. It's good to see you guys!"

I sat beside Astrid and Snotlout sat across from me and sat beside Hiccup.

We begin to eat our food. We joked and laughed and talked about our memories and adventures that we went through, throughout the years. How we all wished we could relive some of those memories.

We have been talking for what seemed like hours. Some of the gang Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Snotlout, and even Fishlegs are acting a bit tipsy, but not too much. Not yet at least.

Out of curiosity, I asked Snotlout "How much mead do you have left, Snotlout?" I asked nodding towards his third tankard that he has gotten tonight.

He looked in his tankard and looked up at me.

"Still a lot. Why?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, his words slightly slurred.

"Can I have some? To you know...just to taste?"

Astrid backhanded my arm and looked at me in surprise "You're going to drink...that?" She gestures at the tankard

I looked back at her "Well, I never drank mead before and I'm just curious as to what it tastes like. You know I'm not much of a drinker."

Snotlout handed me his tankard without a second thought. I took a small sip and it wasn't very bad. Although, I coughed a little bit. It slightly burned my throat.

It tasted like honey, but watery, it was somewhat dry too, although it was sweet, but not too sweet. It's very hard to explain, but it was surprisingly good even with the burn.

I nodded in satisfaction.I couldn't help but drink more of it. Snotlout reached over the table and ended up taking the tankard away from me.

"Hey! Don't drink all my mead!" He cried out, holding the tankard close to him as if I just stole one of his possessions.

I laughed "Alright! I'll just get my own then!" I got up to get myself some mead. There was a lot when we first arrived, but there's only 3 more left. I then got an idea. Luckily, I grabbed all three before the drunk Viking behind me did.

I went back to my seat and I gave one to Astrid and Hiccup. They looked at me confused.

I explained, "You guys should drink. Live a little, ya know?"

Astrid and Hiccup looked at each other and shrugged. Both took a swig of their mead.

I nodded in satisfaction and kept on sipping on the mead. After about a couple of mintues I started to feel something. Am I getting tipsy? Is this what getting tipsy feels like?

After what felt like hours, which was really just about forty minutes, I started to feel a bit tipsier and maybe a bit too happy.

---
A/N
If you're under 21 don't drink! If you're above 21 drink responsibly.