Chapter 2

I told you not to come back!

You killed my pet...my only friend.

It was a mistake! I didn't mea--.

Where are you taking me? Let me go! No! No! No!

(Y/N) opened her eyes and let out an audible sigh. It's always the same. Always there to haunt her. Maybe it's part of it.

She sat up as she stretched her arms and then scratched her side.

Life was honestly a drag to her. Being in this cave made her lose track of time and made her lose hope.

It's always the same routine every day. Eat and sleep.

She took a look at her reflection and lifted up her old tunic. Last time she saw the scales, it was only around the belly button area. Now, the scales are up to her chest and a strip that went down on her back are scales.

She lifted up her sleeves and saw scales going up her arm and to her shoulder, although, some parts of her wrist and hand are still human skin. Her legs are also now scaled except for her feet.

Even if she lost track of time, she knew her time was coming up and soon. Time was running out. The never spreading scales on her body was an indication of that.

She took a good look at herself. One thing that she always wanted to do was to travel the world. However, all she has done was hide out in her tiny cave. Afraid of the world.

But time was running out. There was no point in just hanging around in the cave.

"I guess I rather die as an abomination out there rather than suffer from insanity in here." She mumbles to herself and with that, she made up her mind.

She stripped down her clothes and closed her eyes as she starts to hear the ringing. She slowly opens her eyes and looked at her reflection as she stretched out her wings.

(Y/N) walked over to her clothes, she picked up her satchel and began to roughly, stuff her clothes in it. She slung the satchel over her body, carefully going over her wing, and stared at her reflection one last time. Her eyes glanced down at the mirror shard and picked up, placing it carefully in her satchel.

She turned around and walked towards the exit of the cave. Before she stepped outside, she looked back at the cave behind her one more time as she takes a deep breath. She looks forwards into the open sea and let out a heavy sigh as she starts to get a running start and flies into the sky. Wings stretched out over the ocean breeze.

•●●●•

(Y/N), flew for days. She would once in a while land, but only for sleep or a quick break. She continues to fly and she saw a beautiful island.

Once she flew closer she noticed it was a nice looking village. Very colorful buildings and structures she never seen before. She started to fly above the village and started to sniff around the area, (Y/N) noticed many different smells. Very faint, but there.

"Sheeps....yaks....chickens....people...and..."

Her eyes went wide. She sniffs again to make sure her nose was not deceiving her.

"Dragons?"

(Y/N) landed in the forest and looked into the village from behind a tree. She quickly noticed the place was abandoned for a few months maybe even more. There were some burned buildings, it looked as if someone burned them a while ago.

She decided to explore the place. It was quiet and eerie. Only the sound of the wind and (Y/N)'s heavy steps were made.

(Y/N) eventually came up to a great big building and walked up the long steps. She walked into the building. Her claws were clacking on the stone beneath her and the sound echoed around her.

She sniffs the air to make sure there wasn't any danger around. However, all she smelled were animals, people and dragons.

"Did dragons raid here?" She mumbles to herself.

She didn't find anything useful, not even a single dead body around, but she picked up an interesting scent. A scent, a smell that she smelled before. A smell that she thought she had forgotten a long time ago.

"That Nightfury..." She whispered out loud to herself.

She debated with herself for a while. Pacing back and forth of what she should do.

(Y/N) went back outside and looked up. The scent headed West. She let out a sigh, as she made her final decision, "Well, there's nothing to lose." She mumbles to herself and flew towards West.

•●●●•

She flew for a couple of hours and rested, ate, and other business she had to take care of in between her flight.

It was about a day and a half and (Y/N) came upon an island. It was something she had never seen before. Her eyes went wide in awe.

"Whoa..."

It was a huge monolithic island. Impossible for any normal Viking to get up. It is so above the sea level that it was literally in the clouds.

(Y/N) smiled to herself. She might of found a home for herself. Maybe this was where that Night Fury lived.

However, as she flew closer to the island she started to pick up some scents. This time, human scents where stronger, a stronger presence than dragons.

She frowned, "How is that even possible...unless." There was a pause as (Y/N) thought, "Are there more like me? No, that's impossible." She said shaking her head, "There has to be another reason."

(Y/N) flew in and landed on the island. She started to follow her nose as she raises it in the air and takes a deep breath. She walks through the dense forest, going through the vines and the thick bushes.

Eventually, she ran into a village. She quietly gasped and hid behind a tree. She carefully peeked around the tree and saw that there were people walking around and talking to each other and laughing.

She sniffed the air, for some reason she still smelled dragons and some...delicious foods!

As she was people watching, she saw a man. He had a helmet on with huge curled horns. He was wearing a short dark furred cloak that had big circular metal attached to it and was wearing a red tunic with a large belt around his waist, brown pants and furry brown braces on each of his wrist.

(Y/N) slit pupils dilated as her heart raced when she saw the Viking's face. He was a handsome guy with blue eyes and had a little bit of facial hair.

She turned her back on the tree that she was hiding behind and held her heart. (Y/N) was in disbelief, something like a quick glance made her feel something she hasn't felt before. She got spooked and went back into the forest.

•●●●•

As (Y/N) aimlessly walked into the forest, she found herself a big cave. The only animal she found were bats, but no signs of dragons at all, even though she can smell them.

She debated for a while if she should stay or leave. Eventually, she ultimately decided she wanted to stay. She wanted to see more of that Viking and possibly explore, maybe take a thing or two from the village at night.

Besides, she was getting tired of fish.