Chapter 12: How To Have a Dream You Can't Remember

"(Y/d/n)!" I screamed.

I noticed we were in the thick forest.

I got up and stumbled as pain shot through my body but someone caught me and it was Snotlout. I looked at him surprised but then there was a sharp pain on my side again.

I lifted my hand and there was some blood. I looked at my dragon and I noticed that (he/she) was breathing slightly. I sighed in relief but still worried.

Astrid, Fishlegs, and the twins ran up to me

"(Y/n)! Oh, Odin! Are you okay?!" Astrid asked looking at me worriedly.

"Don't worry about me! Get Hiccup." I hissed in pain as I pointed at the now blocked entrance which was a few feet away from us.

"Are y-" she said but I interrupted her

"Go," I said softly

She hesitated but nodded I looked at Fishlegs, the twins, and Snotlout.

"You guys should help," I said

"But you're hurt! And your dragon!" Fishlegs exclaimed as he motions towards (y/d/n)

I stood up straight trying not to overcome with pain.

"What about Hiccup and Toothless? We're not even sure how they're doing. I'm fine. I'll take care of (y/d/n)." I said through clenched teeth

They all looked at each other and back at me. They nodded hesitantly and went back to help Astrid.

I looked behind me and back at (y/d/n) and limped over to my dragon. I collapsed on my knees in front of (y/d/n) face. I placed my hand on (his/her) snout and (y/d/n) slowly opened (his/her) eyes and whimpered.

It broke my heart.

I pulled out the water skin from my satchel wincing in pain.

I poured the rest of the water on my dragon's head and made sure (he/she) drank some water too.

I noticed it helped a bit but it wasn't enough.

Luckily we were under many trees so the sun was barely peeking through the leaves and not making it worse.

I sat down and I carefully leaned against (y/d/n)'s side.

I sighed and looked towards my friends who were by the blocked entrance. For some reason, the twins and Snotlout were not helping but Astrid and Fishlegs were digging through the rubble.

Suddenly, Stoick and Gobber flew in on Stoick's dragon. Which I don't know the name of, he realized Hiccup wasn't with them and he started to dig in the rubble hastily when he saw Fishlegs and Astrid going at it.

I heard Stoick yell "Keep digging! That's my son in there!"

Suddenly, across from me, the ground started to collapse. There was a lot of dirt and dust clouds that formed. Then I heard Stoick call out "Hiccup! Son!"

I couldn't see what was going because they ran down the newly created hill by the land collapsing in and also because of the trees but at least I could hear them.

"Hey, Dad." I heard Hiccup say

Hiccup added, "Uh, Dad I can't breathe."

I couldn't help but laugh softly. Assuming his father just bear hugged him.

I heard the others saying something at once but I heard Astrid "Oh, Hiccup, you're okay."

I then heard Fishlegs "Hiccup, thank Thor you're alive! What happened?"