Chapter 10: Something To Do

Your POV

As we were walking to Gothi's Snotlout looked like he was itching to tell me something. Being with him for years it's easy to read his body language.

I reached into my old satchel and pulled out the small white speckled seashell.

"Seashell for your thoughts?" I asked handing it to him.

I hesitated but took it.

"I...read your diary..." he said slowly.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused "Uh, yeah, I told you--"

"No, I mean I read your past." He said as we stopped walking and he looked at me worriedly

I sighed "It's alright. It was time for me to tell you anyways and the rest of the gang. Hiccup knows a little bit but...not the whole story. You guys deserve to know." I smiled at him.

He gently smiled at me "Only if you're comfortable with it."

It made my heart flutter that he seemed so caring.

I gave him a firm nod and we both continued on walking.

•●●●•

We made it to Gothi's hut. We saw Gothi and she seemed happy to see me but Snotlout, not so much.

I remember a few years ago Snotlout would sometimes pretend to be sick or get burned by Hookfang just so he could see me.

Gothi would hit him with her stick to chase him out if we figured out he was pretending.

Anyways, Gothi realized that we were linking arms and gave me a confused look.

Which I understand. See, back at the Isle of Berk we never been this close to each other. Arm linking stuff at least.

I was always doing my own thing and Snotlout was well...he was doing Snotlout things.

Besides, at that time I was young and had no confidence at all. I kept to myself a lot. As I got older though I opened up to my friends.

Anyways, she started to write on the ground. 'Are you two together?'

I looked at her, smiled, and nodded.

She started to scribble something 'Why him out of everyone? Why not at least Eret, son of Eret?'

I laughed. "He is a handful, trust me, but he really is a good guy, Gothi. I promise."

Snotlout looked at me confused he whispered to me "What are you talking about? And what is this old hag saying?"

I smacked his shoulder with my backhand and Gothi hit him with her stick.

"Hey! Ow!" He yelled with a very high pitched voice.

I turned to Gothi and laughed. "Sorry about him. He won't call you that anymore. Right, Snotlout?" I made sure I sounded serious.

"Yeah yeah...whatever," he mumbled

Gothi hit him again just for safe measures.

"Ouch! Ugh..." he huffed as he rubbed his head.

I giggled and put an arm around his waist.

"Anyways, Gothi. I'm here because I want to start working with you again. Since dragons are, you know, gone now and we are on new land. There's probably some new plants around."

Things got so busy when we had dragons. I had less and less time working with Gothi to the point I barely even worked with her anymore.

She nodded and started writing on the ground. 'You can start tomorrow morning.'

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then!"

And with that Snotlout and I left her hut.

Snotlout crossed his arms and huffed "Now I can't spend time with you all day!"

I giggled "I can't be by your side every second of our lives, Snotlout. Besides, we're not Dragon Riders anymore so you need to find some work or something to do. Maybe test weapons like back in the day? Or something, you know? How about you talk to Hiccup? He might help you!"

I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek.

He sighed heavily and slouched "You're right, (Y/N)."

I gave him a reassuring hug, suddenly, I heard a low growl under me and it was not from me. "Someone's hungry!" I laughed.

I saw Snotlout blush "Well, I haven't eaten anything!"

My stomach growled too and it was my turn to blush "Yeah me too...We should get some ingredients and make something."

"I like that idea. At my place?" He asked as he placed his arm around me.

"Thought you would never ask." as I flirtatiously side bumped him.

He chuckled "Alright, let's get going. Should we invite the gang?"

"Yeah, we should! Good idea, Snotlout" I said as I smiled at him. I could tell I stroked his ego.

He doesn't get that many compliments...

"Well, yeah! My ideas are always the best!" He said with his chest out

...Because of that.

I just shook my head and chuckled and together went towards the market stalls.