Chapter 4: ocean eyes

YOUR POV

I gasped and sat up. Was it a dream?

I looked around and it seems like we were in an enormous hollow trunk.

I looked around. Where was Snotlout? I tried to get up. I felt pain in my leg. The tooth was still in my calf.

I heard a rustle at the entrance where it was covered with a lot of bushes and branches. I backed away preparing for the worse.

Snotlout ran in and started to breathe heavily and looked at me

"(Y/N)!" He crouched by me "How's your leg?"

"There's a tooth in my leg" I looked at him, slightly annoyed that he didn't see the tooth in my leg.

He breathed out

"Okay, we need to take it out." Snotlout said as he was adjusting my leg.

"Do we have to? Now?" I asked hoping we didn't have to I was hoping there would be some numbing medicine.

"We have to. If we don't it'll get worse." I can hear the concern in his voice.

I nodded and whispered "Okay."

"It's going to hurt a lot, alright?" He said as he was reaching for the tooth.

I mentally prepared myself but my body became tense I had to keep myself from screaming in pain.

To lessen the pain I curled my hands into a fist, scrunched up my face, and squeezed my eyes shut as he slowly and carefully started to pull the tooth out.

When he pulled the dragon's tooth out I loudly sighed in relief.

He went through the satchel and found a bandage. He started to wrap it around my leg. As he was working on my leg I couldn't help but stare at him.

I then remembered what I said to him and my eyes started to fill with tears.

3RD PERSON POV

Snotlout admired his handy work and looked up at (Y/N) and smiled but it quickly went away when he noticed (Y/N)'s tears streaming down her face.

"What's wrong?" He asked

She started to cry harder and hugged Snotlout.

He was in shock but he hugged her back.

"Snotlout, I'm so sorry. I don't hate you at all. I was angry and upset and--" she cried into his shoulder.

Snotlout patted her back comforting her.

She continued

"The fact that you saved me. You could have just left me to die but you didn't."

He was surprised to hear that from (Y/N). Leave her to die? He pulled her back so he was looking at her tear-stained face.

(Y/N) stared into his blue eyes

🎶I've been watchin' you for some time
Can't stop starin' at those ocean eyes
Burning cities and napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes🎶

"I would never leave you! Yeah, we may fight a lot but I would never ever let you die you're my friend and I-I..." he breathed in and softly he said, "I care about you a lot."

He then hesitated.

"And I really like you..." he blushed

"You really do?" (Y/N) said slowly wasn't sure if she actually heard right.

🎶No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Fallin' into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes🎶

"Yeah, that's why I always try to one-up you all the time and try to impress you."

"I...didn't know." She whispered

🎶I've been walkin' through a world gone blind
Can't stop thinkin' of your diamond mind
Careful creature made friends with time
You left her lonely with a diamond mind
And those ocean eyes🎶

She hugged him and felt tears going down her face again. Feeling tremendous guilt.

"That's not how to impress a girl...you jerk." she sighed

🎶No fair (No fair)
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes (Those ocean eyes)
I'm scared (I'm scared)
I've never fallen from quite this high
Fallin' into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes🎶

(Y/N) continued "I actually was always trying to impress you too though. I wanted you to think I was cool and fun so you would like me but you kept trying to be better than me and it was upsetting." She confessed

"I'm sorry (Y/N)" he whispered and squeezed her harder.

"I'm sorry too, Snotlout. I'm really sorry." (Y/N) said in a hushed tone.

🎶No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Fallin' into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes🎶