Chapter 10

Its been almost a month and a half that (Y/N) has been living with Snotlout. During the one month and a half, her curse has been getting stronger and stronger.

Her feet now became padded clawed paws and is now taller than Snotlout by a couple of inches.

There are two small horns coming out of her head. She also now has tiny wings protruding on her back and her whole body is now covered in scales except her face area.

It was hard for Snotlout and the village to get used to her new look at first. It is unnatural to see a human like this.

However, Snotlout and everyone else got quickly over it when (Y/N) start making herself useful to the village.

She is now able to help people at the blacksmith smith things faster, now that (Y/N) can breath fire.

She had also gotten stronger so she helps the Vikings with the livestock and farming.

She made a name of herself at the village. She wasn't some sort of scary abomination. She was someone that they can rely on. She was actually part of society and was not treated like an outcast. They even made special clothes for her as a thank you.

However, that made her busy and she ended up spending less time with Snotlout and never really seeing him anymore except at night.

Even with not seeing Snotlout that often, she noticed that something felt off about him.

That night Snotlout placed his helmet down and laid down on his side facing the wall.

He's been doing it for the past few weeks, but (Y/N) didn't think too much of it until it kept happening again and again. Every night.

She crawled over to Snotlout "Hey, are you alright?" She whispers softly

"I'm just fine..." he mutters

(Y/N) smiled and started to sniff around him "Hmm...I don't know..." she continues to make obnoxious sniffing sounds.

Snotlout turned to look at (Y/N) with furrowed eyebrows "What are you doing?"

"I can smell emotions you know." She grinned at him.

He rolled his eyes and let out a soft scoff "No you can't." And turned back to the wall.

"Yes I can! And I smell...sadness...are you upset?" She asked as she gets closer.

He didn't answer. Instead, Snotlout closed his eyes.

"Snotlouuut." She called out to him.

No answer.

"Snotlout!" She called out again. She repeats his name, she went faster and faster until Snotlout growled in annoyance and sat up.

"What?!" He yelled.

(Y/N) eyes went wide but she relaxed them. "Tell me what's wrong. It makes me sad seeing you sad."

There was some silence.

"Was it something I've done?" (Y/N) asked.

He shook his head "No..."

"Then, what?" She asked as she tilts her head to the side.

Snotlout let out a heavy sigh "Ruffnut ended up with that nerd, Fishlegs." He muttered angrily.

(Y/N)'s wings slightly slanted down as she slouched a little bit. "I'm sorry to hear that." She said sadly.

She felt bad since she was the one who helped Fishlegs out.

Snotlout sighed again "Whatever..."

(Y/N) sat on her knees as she thought what she can do. Then an idea popped up.