Chapter 21: How To Stay Out Of A Fight

It's been a couple of weeks since the storm incident. Berk was once again peaceful but living on an island with dragons. That's bound to not last very long.

•●●●•

I woke up as I stretched my arms. I smiled to myself. Today is a new day!

As Astrid and I got up from our beds, we both got dressed for today, and went outside. Once we went outside Astrid and I saw the ground mounded up and it looked like it went towards the Great Hall.

Everyone started to wake up at this time so the gang also saw the mounded up dirt and rocks.

We all mounted on our dragons and flew up. We saw a giant hole where Stoick, Hiccup, Toothless, Mulch and Bucket were. It was right in front of the Great Hall.

We landed and got off our dragons.

"Whoa what is that?" I asked myself out loud as I walked a bit closer to the hole.

I saw Bucket talking to Stoick. It looked like Bucket saw death himself.

"Duh, it's called a hole." Snotlout said obviously.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Snotlout "That was a rhetorical question...but yeah, I see that! What made it though?" I looked back at the mysterious hole in the ground.

Toothless growled as he looked down the hole. He then jumped in, I wasn't close enough to the hole to see down inside it but I started to hear something.

It sounded like very soft whispers that surrounded me.

Astrid ran up to the hole "What is that sound?" She whispered out loud enough for me to hear.

Gobber back away from the hole "Eh, whatever it is, it's giving me the willies."

"It kinda sounds like someone is whispering in my ears...I really don't like this" I said as I whispered. Afraid if I talked too loud something bad was going to happen.

I slowly took steps backwards away from the hole. The ground under me was shaking

Suddenly, a thing shot up from the hole. It was a horrendous looking creature. It screeched at us. It was round with spikes completely covering its whole body. With small wings and a long tail with many more spikes covering it. It's mouth was wide and huge and was opened for all to see with its moving teeth on the inside circling around. They looked sharp like its spikes.

It hovers over us and stares without blinking.

Snotlout, who was standing to the right of me, pointed at it "Whoooooaaaaa, look at the size of that thing!" Snotlout shouted in amazement

"Do I have to?!" Fishlegs exclaimed, who was cowering behind Astrid and Hiccup.

Astrid turned around "Dragons! Everyone!" We all ran to our dragons and got on them. Except for Hiccup who was looking at the creature.

It looked oddly familiar but I couldn't remember what it was called.

It stared at each one of my friends and their dragons.

"Uh, I don't like the way it's eyeballing me." Snotlout nervously said out loud.

"Uh, don't worry, it's not just you." Fishlegs said trying to reassure him.