Chapter 15: How To Use Lavender Oil

Shortly after I was done singing my friends came into the forest.

"(Y/n)!" Astrid called out

I stood up and walked towards them.

They all seemed very worried and stressed.

"We found out what was going on," Fishlegs said as he pulled out his botany book and showed me a page of a blue flower called Blue Oleander.

I shook my head "N-no. How did this happen?" I whispered as I read what the book says.

The flowers were poisonous to reptiles.

"It was Mildew. He planted these flowers all over Berk." Snotlout answered with his arms crossed. He looked upset and rightly so.

I felt so angry and disturbed but mostly I felt fear.

I'm angry and disturbed that Mildew went as far as to try and kill our dragons with poison. But I'm scared that (y/d/n) is suffering right now and that (he/she) might...die.

I started to tremble

"W-what's the cure?" I asked weakly. There was no mention of a cure in the book.

"In the Book of Dragons, it says there is a dragon who eats Blue Oleanders."

I remembered this in the Book of Dragons

"The Scauldron," I said breathed out

Fishlegs nodded and continued

"If it eats the flowers you can use the venom as an antidote," Fishlegs said as he grabbed the book out of my hands.

"B-but the Scauldron doesn't produce any venom! Does it?" I said in a slight worry. I don't remember this in the book.

Tuffnut spoke up "Gobber said it did."

Ruffnut added, "Hiccup, Stoick, Gobber, and Mildew left not too long ago to get it."

I started to feel doubt

"What if...Gobber's wrong? What if they come back empty-handed?" I said as I placed my hands up to my face.

'What if I lose (y/d/n)? What am I going to do' I thought

Astrid placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her.

"We just have to trust them." She said softly.

I looked back at (y/d/n) as (he/she) was on the ground groaning.

"I hope Gobber's right. I hope they get the antidote," I said

Everyone left to take care of their dragons and I was alone again with my dragon.

I felt stressed and anxious. It made me feel hungry.

I reached into my satchel to pull out some bread that I got this afternoon.

Then I felt something rub against my fingertip.

I pulled it out and it was the lavender oil! I forgot I poured a little bit into a smaller wooden container earlier this morning.

I opened the container and my nose was hit with the flowery aroma.

Smelling it made me relieve some stress

I poured some on my fingers and rubbed a little bit on the snout of (y/d/n).

I noticed that (he/she) seemed to relax a bit. (His/her) body seems to loosen up.

Then, I thought back to this morning.

I needed to get the rest of that jar of lavender oil from the ditch.

"I'll be back (y/d/n)," I said in a soft-spoken voice.