9.) * Becoming *

(Essence's Picture)

   After I talked with Dakota, I think that's his name... I laid on the bed, that I've been laying in for a bout a week...

"Treasure, can you please tell me?!" I was frustrated, no one had firm answers for my questions. Treasure had all the answers, but she would tell me...

"I'm sorry, I can't ... Not yet..." Treasure refused, disconnecting from me...

   I cried, as my frustration grew. I'd sob to myself, when no one was in the room. I'd just break down, seeing Quinn and Raleigh... I decided that I should not cry anymore. As I was thinking about everything, the blonde nurse came in. "Ms. Whilst, we have to do one more test, and then you can leave the infirmary..."

   The redhead was close behind her. The blonde one was washing her hands, as the redhead nurse was strapping the needles up. When the blonde finished washing her hands, she used a bright light to check my vision. The redhead shook the needles, tapping them to the bags.

   The blonde pushed my back up, makinge sit up. "I need you to breathe..." She pulled up my white hospital dress, checking my breathing, I guess. I took in a deep breathe, and she put her two fingers on three places on my back. I sighed, three times. When she was done, she let me lay back.

   The redhead was ready to stick me with those needles...

   She made me count to three, before she poked the needles through my tense skin. I yelped, as she held my arm in place. I was biting my lip, holding my screams back in my throat. "And...we're all done" The redhead and blonde smiled at me, as the dismissed me. Before leaving, I looked at the symbol encrusted in my right wrist.

   I draped my legs over the bed, watching the nurses leave the room. When they left, Dakota rushed in. "Hey there, Snow, they're releasing you?" He asked, I rolled my eyes. "The names Ellis Whilst" I stood up, but I stumbled into Dakota. "Whoa there..." He put his arm around my shoulder, guiding me out.

   "Thanks..." I laid my head on his shoulder, feeling relieved... "No probs, El..." He chuckled, opening the entrance doors to the infirmary. The sun shined brightly, as little kids and grownups walked around, now this is an enormous pack... "Wow..." He laughed, and walked me over to a big cherry tree.

   A beautiful girl sat with some kids surrounding her. She was reading them a story, and they were listening, closely. I could feel Dakota beaming at the sight. "Hey, Essence!" Dakota chirped, as the girl put the book down. She told the kids she'd be back, and walked up to us.

   "Hey, baby, who's this?" Essence shot a cheap glare at me, but looked back at Dakota with adoration. "Babe, this is Ellis Whilst, she's from MoonShine, she's a White Snow..." Dakota explained to Essence. Essence parted her lips, but she just nodded. "That's...great"

   She said, with a fake smile. "Well, I should be getting back to the kiddies..." Essences gave a look, heading back to the group of kids, waiting for her arrival. Dakota waved her off, as I just stood there. Essence was Dakota's mate... "Let's get you to a room..eh?" He looked at me.

   "Sure..." I smiled, and felt his thumb brush over my exposed shoulder. I shuttered, and he guided me to enormous penthouse... "These are the resting quarters..." He walked in, his arm still around my neck. Every person who passed by Dakota, greeted him in any sort of way...

   He just nod, or say something back. They'd give me a questioning look, but suddenly look forward, again. I give them a small smile, while they passed, but, they'd just stare, probably because they didn't know me. "Welcome to your new room!" Dakota chimed in, smiling at me.

   I grinned, as he opened the creamed colored door. As he stepped in, I walked in behind him. "Whoa...this place is huge..." My eyes bugged out, as I saw the king sized bed in the middle of the room, with a yellow and green bed spread. A really big TV on the far wall...

   The room was fully furnished, with two small couches that had a small coffee table which was actually a fish tank. This pack must have been rich... The closet was full, and there were two huge windows, showing a part of NorthStar's territory....

   "You might wanna lay down, I'll be introducing you at dinner..." Dakota informed me. I nodded, wait, what? "Why introduce me? I'm not part of this pack" I say, walking over to the huge bed. Dakota sat down on the couch. "You will be tonight, now get some rest woman!" He said, throwing a pink pillow at my face, playfully.

   It hit my leg, and I giggled. "Ok..." I click my tongue, and laid down. "I got some work to do...someone will come to get you for dinner, El!" Dakota shouted, leaving the room, he didn't have to scream... God!...