12.) * Day With Dakota {Part 2} *

I looked at Brian, then saw Dakota shake his head, vigorously. "No, they can't take her back...!" Dakota fired back at his dad. "Sweetie..." His mom wrinkled her forehead, at her son's actions. "I apologize, mom, but once you kick out a member, there's no way you can take them back, if they're in a new pack..." Dakota grabbed my hand.

"She's one of us now..." Brian looked at his wife, and back at us. "Ellis is a White Snow..." Brian pointed out. "Her parents were from MoonShine.." He paused, then continued. "If you are a White Snow, and you are born into a certain pack, that pack is your rightful owner..." Brian turned his attention to me.

"Your rightful pack is MoonShine, if they ever come here and ask for you back. You will have not chance to deny it...", "That's why every pack wants one for their families... They hold supernatural gifts." Brian ended his conclusion, with a weak smile. "If they don't come back, you can stay...but, MoonShine will always be apart of you."

Brian stood up, with one more smile, and went back upstairs.

"Well, I didn't know that..." Dakota murmured, and his mother stood. "I'll be leaving now, have a good day!" She called from the kitchen. "We should...be leaving too, bye mother . " Dakota weakly took my hand, and lead me out the door.

"Well, I have to say one thing... I can't let MoonShine take you away from m- I mean us..." He shows a desperate look, but it fades.

"Let's go get that breakfast...!" Dakota cheeses, and leads me to his car. I laughed, and get inside. I can't stop thinking about what Brian said... "She'll have to go back..." I shook the thoughts out of my head, and watched the passing houses, and people.

This place looked so calm, and loving... I wanted to stay here... I hope Quinn doesn't come back for me... If he does, I'll stay, and that'll be it.

"Hey, Ellis, we're here..." Dakota snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up, to see IHOP in big letters, I love this place! "Let's go." Dakota cuts the car off, and we go inside. The place is crawling with people. I didn't smell any wolves while we were outside, I could be wrong...

An older lady was standing at the register, greeting everyone with a kind welcome. "Welcome, table for Two?" She grabbed two menus, and featured for UA to follow her. The whole place smelled like pancakes and butter. I love this place. I sat across from Dakota at our booth, and the lady asked what we wanted to drink.

"Coffee, please..." Dakota sighed. It was my turn, and I got some regular ol' lemonade. The lady smiled, and disappeared.

"So, what do you think about NorthStar?" Dakota asked, looking through his menu. "Its a nice and peaceful lifestyle, I could get used to it" I smile, cheerfully. He nods, in agreement. "I hope Moon doesn't come back for you..." Dakota stresses. I grabbed his hand, and he looked at me. "That's my problem, not yours..."

I tell him. His eyes grow lighter, and a weightless smile appears on his lips. I rubbed his hand with my thumb, and the lady comes back with a tray. She hands me lemonade, and Dakota a fresh cup of coffee. "Thank you..." I took my straw, and placed it into the glass.

Dakota adds sugar into his black coffee, and stirs it with his red straw. "What would you like to eat, today?" The lady takes out her notepad, and pen. "Three pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon..." Dakota sips his coffee, and plays with the hem of his jacket. "What about you, young lady?" She asked, writing something down.

"Two red velvet pancakes, and scrambled eggs..." I ordered, putting the menu back down. The lady smiled, and took the menus. Dakota and I sat in silence, he looked deep in thought. I didn't want to disturb him... I sipped the iced lemonade, and looked around... He stopped thinking, and said, "So, do you think you'd like to stay here in NorthStar?" I turned to look him. He looked serious...like his dad did...

"Yeah, this place is pretty peaceful and nice places to go..." I shrugged, and put my lemonade down. "Alright, all I needed to know." He blessed me with his toothy grin. I giggled, and the old lady came by with our breakfast. Dakota grabbed the syrup, and poured it all over his pancakes. Me, being me, put syrup on everything on my plate.

I took my silver fork, and took a bite out of my red velvet pancakes. "Mmm..." I was in heaven, again... I closed my eyes, and took in every bite.. "Wow, you must love red velvet

.." Dakota's voice interrupted my tasting. I opened my eyes, and laughed. "I'm sorry, its really good..." I confessed, and he raised his left brow.

"Really?" He questioned, I nodded. I took his fork, and stole a red velvet pancake from off my plate, I was defenseless... I parted my lips, and frowned. "Why'd you do that?!" I tried not to laugh, because, Dakota mocked my expression, and failed. "What?!" He asked, biting into the pancake...

"I wanted that!" I cried out... He laughed, making a scene... "I'm sorry, but, I wanted to try to it!" Dakota said, in his defense. "Whatever..." I rolled my eyes playfully, and finished eating...

When we were done, we left...