23.) * Waking *

{Dakota's POV.}

     I woke up, to Essence laying on top of me. She was softly snoring away, as her head rested right under my chin. I smiled down at her, as she showed pure innocent. The whole night with my mate was great.

     We haven't had a good date night in a long time.

     She started to stirred, grumbling in her sleep. She lifted her head up, and glazed up at me. Her lazy eyes blink at me, as she starts smiling. "Last night was fun.." She's smiling, which made me start grinning like a fool.

     "Yeah, it was.." I said, pecking her smiling lips, before she rolled off of me. I grabbed my shirt, and put it on. I get outta bed, and head towards the bathroom.

    I wash my face, and take a short shower, before meeting my father for business.

     I knock on the door, and open it when I hear my father's voice.

     "Oh! Son! These are the Alphas of MoonShine.." My father says, ad hr gestures to the couple sitting across from him. I nodded, with a tight smile. Quinn's parents...

     "This is Alpha Miller and Alpha Kathy..." My father tells me to sit next to him, across from them. I don't want to anywhere near with the people who had the Alpha who rejected Ellis, their Omega...

     "So, we heard that you almost killed Ellis, is that right?" Alpha Kathy says, clenching her firm jaw. "Uh, yes. That's true.." I mumbled, looking down, a wave of being ashamed wash over me. "Okay, so how about we take Ellis, and sue you for everything you've got!" She shouted, standing.

     "No! You can't –" I stop my dad, and talk. "Listen, Alpha Kathy and Miller, your son was granted Ellis as his mate. He rejected her, and sent her away, leaving her all alone... She was then a rogue, and didn't belong to you anymore! I took in, and accepted her into NorthStar, she is a pack member to us, not you!" I say, as my wolf starts growling.

    "So?! She is a White Snow! She had to come back to us! She belongs to us!" Alpha Kathy screeches loudly, at me. "She's staying here! Why bring her back Mateless? She could find her mate here!" I suggested, with a loud tone.

     "She could still find her mate with us!" Alpha Kathy says, with a sly smirk. "She wouldn't want to go with you! Your Alpha son rejected her!" I shout, that's when I felt a hand smack across my face. I know she didn't just slap me...

     My wolf starts taking over. Before he can, my dad stops me, "No, Dakota, go check on Ellis..." I sighed, and glare at the woman who just slapped me. She was puffing air from her red, rosy cheeks.

     I leave, and run over to where Ellis is...

{Ellis's POV.}

     I can't see anything. My lungs hurt like hell. My head aches. My neck is, also, hurting like hell. My body feels tingly...

     "What if she doesn't wake?!" I heard a familiar voice whimper out. I was too tired to try and find out who that was. So, I just listened...

     "Raleigh, she'll wake, you just have to be patient..." I heard someone else say. Raleigh and Brock...

     I wanted to open my eyes, and talk to them, but I couldn't... My body felt so heavy.

     I heard someone come in, and my wolf, who was really weak, whimper out with happiness... Whaaaat?!

      "How is she?" A husky voice asked, making my wolf do back flips inside. "...She's okay, I guess.." Raleigh replies, sounding grim. "Ellis, you gotta open up those beautiful eyes.." I heard the husky voice whisper into my ear.

     Treasure, my wolf, took control, even though she was injured. She slowly opened up ours eyes, and met with a pair of shocked eyes. Dakota.

     "Ellis!" Raleigh rushed to my other side, along with Brock. "I'll get the Doctor.." Brock insisted, scrambling out of the room. "Your awake!" Raleigh was taking it all in, at once. I missed her so much...

     I gained control, and the tears started flowing. Raleigh took my fragile body in her arms, to hug me. I felt the wet tears plop onto my gown. "Raleigh.. I've missed you so much.." I croacked out, like a frog.

     She removes her head from my shoulder, and looks me in the eyes. "I've missed you more.." She whispered, smiling. We had both long forgotten Dakota, who was standing by me.

     That's when everyone from my former Alphas – Alpha Miller and Alpha Kathy, Quinn, Dakota's parents, the Doctor, Garrett and his friends from MoonShine...

     "She awoken..." The Doc says, more to himself....

     Everyone looks at me, with shock...

     What?