16.) * What Could I Do...? *

Dakota's POV.

After my 'little' fight with my mate, Essence, I left her alone for a few days. Seems all we do is fight now...Every since Ellis came, anyway.

I slipped on my leather jacket, before leaving an asleep Essence in our bedroom. She was beautiful, no doubt, but she was always accusing me of something I never even thought about doing.

I sighed, and went downstairs. I left the resting quarters, and went to my car. I needed a break, a long...vacation from being Alpha, too bad Alphas don't get breaks. I open my driver side, and get in. I start it up, and just start driving. I tap the steering wheel, thinking about what my dad said about MoonShine, that Alpha who broke Ellis's heart, Ellis, my Essence, and myself.

"Don't stress about all this stuff, we both need time to think..." My wolf, Smith, said. He was always so smooth with words, and knew how to calm people down.

"Alright, but...what if MoonShine actually came back for Ellis..?" My wolf, Grant, asked. He seemed distant, in his own thoughts.

"I'll fight for her..." I told him.

I stopped at an hotel, with big white letters 'Delson's Hotels'. I sighed, and parked in the lighted parking lot... It was cold, since it was raining earlier, the asphalt was glistening with puddles. I avoided the mushy mud, and the grass. I headed inside, just before the wind picked up it's pace.

"Ah...Welcome!" A man with a French accent crossed his fingers at the front desk. The lobby was completely empty, and I began to feel lonely.

"Hello, I'd like a with one bed, please..." I say, examining the Lobby. Soft hums of classic music played in the background, as the man took a key card from the desk, "Room 425, have a goodnight, sir..." He said, as I headed to the elevators.

I pressed up, and the button gleams. A small ding comes from the doors, as I walk into the elevator. The smooth classical music is in the elevators, boring themselves into my head.

When I make it to the floor, I look for Room 425. 423...424...425! I walk to the door, and slid my key card in the slider, and it automatically opens.

I walk in, fall onto the comfortable sheets, and fall asleep...

---------

I woke up, hearing a knock at the door. I sat up, remembering that I was in a hotel. Sighing, I ran my fingers though my tousled hair. I felt the chill on my chest, as I open the door. A tiny old lady with curly gray hair stands with a while supply of cleaning products is smiling at me.

"Good Mornin' sir, room service..." She said, with a southern tone. I slid to the side, left her do her job. I shut the door, walking into the bedroom, to retrieve my shirt. I buttoned my shirt to my collar, and yawned. "Coffee, young man?" The tiny lady had made a cup of coffee, and was now cleaning the empty pots up.

I take her gift, sipping the good coffee, "Thanks..." I mumbled, while sipping the coffee. It made every bone in my body that was tense...feel relaxed and chill...

Alpha...there is a rouge, on the far east side of our territory... I felt my beta, Collins, link me.