Chapter.1

I felt adrenaline pump through my veins as I stood back stage about to go up and perform.

Despite the fact that I had been working in this gay strip club for almost year now, I couldn't stop the nerves from resurfacing everytime I was about to go up.

I looked at Zayn who was all sweaty from his performance and he shot me a thumbs up.

Soon I heard the intro of my song playing and I rushed out on the dark stage.

I looked at people in the crowd and there were cheering so loudly. I smiled because they couldn't see me .

"Lemonade! Lemonade! Lemonade!" The crowd chanted and I couldn't help but chuckle at my stage name.

We were all told not to use our real names on stage and Lemonade is what I chose for various reasons.

The lights turned on in the club and I saw all the wads of cash that people were throwing on stage for me. It used to amaze me at first but then I got used to it and everything just felt normal.

The club that Zayn and I worked in is called Club 69. And not many people knew of it's existence.

You see it was a secret strip club that all kinds of celebrities came to so that they could get loose and have a good time. It was extremely exclusive, no cameras, no phones were allowed inside it and only people with membership cards were allowed in.

It actually fooled people because the front of it was just a normal restaurant and then the back was the secret entrance to Hot Stuff aka Club 69.

In my time of working here I had seen celebrities at the worst but it was none of my business and what happened in Club 69 remained in Club 69.

I dodged a wad of cash that was aiming for my collarbone. By now the stage was filled with so much money but what did you expect when you were helping A-List people get off just by watching you dance.

These people paid so much money to get the membership of a place where they could let loose without fear of being found out by the press and it didn't matter to them that they were throwing extra cash to an exotic dancer.

The tips that I got were always enough to pay for my rent, bills and food while my monthly salary went to school fees and savings.

It was a high paying job and in the second month after I started, Zayn and I moved into a flat complex and we became neighbours across the hall from each other.

Life was okay, I was doing all I could to make sure that I got an education. And I owed everything to Zayn, my best mate.

The performance came to an end, as usual I turned my back to them and shook my bum which was covered in red lace panties.

The crowd roared and when I looked at the people, they were doing all sorts of things from kissing to sucking each other off.

The lights dimmed on the stage and shown on the crowd as I made way all over the stage, seductively picking up my money.

After I was done, I left the stage and found Zayn who was clapping for me. I handed him the money and rushed to take a shower.

*

"Wow! Ni tonight was packed!" Zayn said excitedly after we'd finished counting our money.

That's how it always was with us, after work we would go back to either mine or his and count our money then share it equally.

"I know right. Its like everyone left their homes to go clubbing." I said.

We talked for a bit and when the clock struck five, we shared the money and Zayn left for his flat to go sleep.

I stripped to my boxers and slept as well but after ten minutes of turning and tossing without getting any sleep, I stood up and retrieved a box from the back of my walk in closet.

I set it on the bed and opened it to reveal all the photos I had of my family. I greatly missed them, missed being part of a family but Zayn had somehow filled that up for me.

I traced my brother's picture and the last words he said to me echoed through my mind making me angry instantly.

"I don't need them." I said to myself and quickly closed the box shoving it under the bed.

I knew that I wasn't gonna get any sleep so I opened my laptop and got on an assignment that was due in two weeks. I always wrote assignments early because the job I had was tiring and I could forget if I didn't do it whenever I had some free time.

After a while, I looked at the time and sighed when I realized that it was almost eight in the morning. Luckily my assignment was all done and ready.

I couldn't go to sleep now. Not when I had class at exactly ten. I went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and toast and when I was done, I took my food to the living room and switched on the Telly.

I quickly ate breakfast and and freshened up then dressed quickly so that I could drive to school and get some Pringles from the convenient store near campus on time.

I locked my door and glanced at Zayn's, lucky bastard didn't have class until 12 on Tuesdays.

I jogged down the stairs and got in my car, driving off.

*

I was in an aisle in the convenient store and I picked up the type of Pringles that I wanted along with other snacks.

I looked at my wrist watch and realized that I still had like half an hour before the lecture started.

I made my way to the cashier but when I turned from the aisle I was in, sombody collided with me and sent me to the floor.

I didn't have much time to see their face because I was picking up my snacks but the words he said next made me turn to look at his retreating figure until he was out of the store.

I stood and played the words in my mind again. No one had ever said that to me outside work.

"I hope your bum is okay, Lemonade."

____________________________________

Okay I know it's not much my sweet creatures but I just wanted you to see what Niall does.

I promise it will pick up soon. Just hang in there a little bit.

Can you give a guess on the person who called Niall by his stage name outside work?

Thoughts about it so far?

Spread the love❤

_Jay_