Chapter.8

"Are you okay?" I heard Liam ask me after I remembered that Harry had my phone.

"Yeah, no I mean I'm not sure." I couldn't form a proper sentence and Liam being Liam noticed.

"Niall, what's going on?" He asked me with worry flooding his eyes.

"I was with Harry last night and I left my phone at his." I explained as lightly as I could.

"I thought you didn't like working for Harry like tha- wait what? You mean he has your phone right now?" Liam's eyes were wide.

I just nodded.

"Oh no. This is bad. The text..." He trailed off. "I need to sit down."

He looked so shaken and if it was in any other circumstance, I would be in stitches but I just motioned for him to follow me and I led him to the living room.

"Wait here, I'll be back." I went to the kitchen and saw Zayn looking at me with wide eyes.

"Is that Liam Payne?" He whispered and looked behind me to probably get a glimpse of Liam.

"Yeah, I supposedly texted him and invited him here." I said with a sigh.

"The same way you texted me? Told you that you needed to just be fully awake so that you could remember." Zayn said playfully but my mood was still somber so he made me look at him.

"What's wrong, Ni?"

"I didn't text you... nor him." I looked at him.

"But-" He started to protest but I continued speaking.

"My phone remained at Harry's yesterday."

"So he's the one who texted me?" Zayn asked after a few moments.

"Yeah and Liam apparently." I answered and looked back at Liam.

"Oh that's an invasion of privacy. What will you do about it?" He asked.

"I don't know yet. Probably get my phone back first but Liam is all shook up." I said and Zayn peered at him.

"Why? All Harry did was invite him to your house, it's not like Liam's hiding something in your phone." Zayn looked surprised and I couldn't blame him because he didn't know that Liam had a crush on him.

But I had to think fast before Zayn could sense that I was hiding something from him and pry it out.

"I know but you know that Liam and Harry aren't exactly on good terms and now Harry had Liam's personal number. Who knows who he would give it to?" I asked and hoped that Zayn didn't spot my nervousness.

"That makes sense, but I don't think he would be stupid enough to do that." Zayn answered.

"Wouldn't he?" I retorted.

By now, I expected anything from Harry. He was that unpredictable.

"Well, I hope not." Zayn looked like he felt bad for Liam.

"I have to talk to him would you like to come and sit with us?" I offered even though I knew that he would decline simply to give us privacy.

"I don't think that is a good idea but I will go and say hi then run a bath in your bathroom." He said and went out before I could protest.

He always liked showering from my bathroom in the hall but when it comes to baths, he would use my personal ensuit.

I shook my head and went to join him.

"Hi, Liam. I'm Zayn, how are you?" Zayn greeted and Liam smiled at him despite the situation he's stuck in at the moment.

"I'm okay, I guess. Nice to meet you Zayn." I could tell that Liam was happy about finally knowing Zayn's name but he composed himself all through the pleasantries.