Chapter.21

This chapter is dedicated to me because December 14th is my birthday! 🎂

**

I wasn't nervous. No I wasn't, but why was my heart beating like I just ran a marathon?

I had no idea.

Sitting in my car in the car park of the firm, I took a deep breath which was like the hundredth one I had taken since I got there.

I was stalling. I knew I was but I just didn't want to face my family with an erratic heartbeat, not that they would hear it but still.

Finally, I took one deep deep breath and opened my car door, stepping out. After locking the car, I confidently made my way inside.

When I got to the reception lobby, I smiled at the lad behind the desk and he returned one. Then I walked over to the lifts and pressed a button.

As I waited for it to arrive. I checked my phone. Harry had sent me a picture of him shirtless and still in bed as he smiled brightly. He told me that I would be okay and all I needed was just to believe in myself.

I smiled and replied to him just as the lift doors opened. As I walked in, my eyes were still fixed on my phone and so I didn't see the other person who had entered and stood next to me. That was until he spoke up.

"What the hell are ya doing here? Did you get in some sort of trouble?" I whipped my head to the side and my eyes landed on none other than Gregory Horan.

He was smirking at me and my heart missed a beat but I remembered why he was here in the first place and I just smiled at him.

"Pleased to see you here, Mr. Horan." I said in a fake sweet tone and I think it worked because he scowled at me.

"Wish I could say the same about you." He looked at me directly in the eyes. "Aren't you supposed to be shopping for new panties to show whoever wishes to see?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I threw my head back and bellowed out a laugh. Before all this, I thought I wouldn't handle seeing my ex family. But after encountering Greg, I almost couldn't wait for this meeting to commence.

"You can't even afford to hire a lawyer from this firm, why are you here?" Greg asked, clearly irritated at the fact that I wasn't giving him the answers he wanted.

I stopped laughing and straightened up then looked at him with a serious expression on my face.

"It is none of your business. Well, maybe it is but not right now." I said, just as the lift doors opened on my office floor.

I walked out without sparing him a second glance, head held high and dignity following me.

After, I got in my office, my assistant knocked on the door and when she was inside, she sat down and ran me through my schedule for the day, even though I had to leave at noon to go to Uni.

*

Soon it was time for my meeting with the Horans. I put my glasses on and straightened out my black suit then I picked up their file and walked out of my office and down the hall to one of the conference rooms.

I opened the door and saw that everyone was already there and had just been waiting for me.

Except for my assistant who I had told that she would accompany me when and if we choose to represent them in court.

All heads turned.

Eyes widened.

All voices quieted down.